Art Damage Review

artist: fear before the march of flames date: 08/02/2007 category: compact discs
fear before the march of flames: Art Damage
Release Date: Sep 7, 2004
Label: Equal Vision
Genres: Post-Hardcore, Alternative Metal
This album is very creative, with jagged riffs and constant time changes, taking a lot from both mathcore and art-rock.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Art Damage Reviewed by: Infamou$17, on august 02, 2007

Sound: What we have here is none other than the sophomore effort by what is arguably one of the best bands on the EVR label, Fear Before the March of Flames. This is the second album of three so far, and in my opinion is is the best of the three. Right off the bat you know you're in for a treat if you can dig the mathcore style. Production is great, songs are just long enough, and they do love to mix things up a bit. Well-crafted sound. // 10

Lyrics: David's screaming, if you have never heard it before and are looking for something different from anything else, will blow you away. His yelling is alright, but his screaming is awesome. Adam sings the clean vocals and does a nice job, he has a good voice. Some, maybe all of the songs are references to mocies, and some of thei rlyrics reflect that. "Should Have Stayed in the Shallows" would be referenceing Jaws in that it depicts something similar to the first scene in Jaws, and it is also told from the shark's point of view. "When they find her on the shore, they'll say, 'Shark that got her was an efficient killer!'" // 10

Overall Impression: This album is great. If you could compare it to anything, maybe some older Converge and Every Time I Die (Hot Damn). Plenty of moments to throw down here. I dig "Should Have Stayed in the Shallows", "The God Awful Truth", and "Consequences, David, You'll Meet Your Fate in the Styx" the most, but everything else is notable. If this were stolen, I'd get pissed about having to dig up a new copy of it and break a chair over the head of the poor sucker who stole it. // 10

More Fear Before The March Of Flames reviews rating latest review