Digimortal Review

fear factory: Digimortal
Released: April 24, 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Industrial Metal
Digimortal is a cornucopia of apocalyptic views of the evils waiting outside your door, under your bed, and inside your computer.
 8.8
 8.7
 8.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Digimortal Reviewed by: captain cake, on june 25, 2004

Sound: My first impression of the album were great. It is like Nine Inch Nails mixed with Sepultura a brilliant combination. The styles used are heavy metal, alternative metal, industrial metal the tones are kind of hostile, intence and angry. the original version only has 11 tracks where as the limited edition paperback version has 4 extra tracks. The techno beat and the strong guitar of "Linchpin" combine to form the perfect seting for rap-like spitting of lyrics for Fear Factory's gravely serious side. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing, the song Digimortal where burton c bell sings about getting "one step closer to my fate" and linchpins "can't take me apart" suggest the strongness of the lyrics. The singing matches the mood of the music which is sometimes hard to find in this style. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs on the album are Damaged, Digimortal and Lichpin and Strain Vs Resistance, it does compare to roots [Sepultura]and Kill'em All [Metallica] it is definatly worth buying, I would get Demanufacture by them first, I love the depth and perseption of the lyrics and the structure of the album. If it was stolen I would hunt them down and retrieve it also look out for: Demanufacture 1995, Obsolete 1998 and Concrete 2002. // 8

More Fear Factory reviews rating latest review