Fefe Dobson Review

fefe dobson: Fefe Dobson
Released: December 9, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Pop/Rock
Fefe Dobson definitely has an opportunistic streak, and its stylistic cherry-picking can be trying.
 4.8
 3.3
 6.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Fefe Dobson Reviewed by: starbomb13, on july 09, 2004

Sound: Listening to this record you can't help but say to yourself: "where have I heard this before?" There is nothing original or very different in the sound to say that fefe is having an impact for making some kind of difference in music. It's all tha same really poppy guitar riffs and drum beats that we've all heard too many times. // 4

Lyrics: All the lyrics are about love and her past relationships with ex-boyfriends, and it seems like she's just really disappointed with a lot of guys and that she's had her heart broken too many times. The only thing I can give a little respect to her for is that she did co-write the songs on her album, even if I think the lyrics are s--it. I gotta say though, as someone pointed it out to me, the lyrics to "Rock It Till You Drop It" do seem a little perverted. // 4

Overall Impression: There's nothing different or original on this album. She's like a rip-off of Avril Lavigne who dresses like cyndi lauper. (I know, a lot of you probably hate Avril and think she's "killing" music, but I'm a fan of hers and you gotta admit - she is actually making a difference and having an impact in music for millions and millions of people, unlike fefe). The only reason I got this album was because I wanted to hear what she was like and because I try to have an open mind for new artists but it was a complete waste of f--ckin' money, and if it were stolen - I'd be damn glad cause I'd never buy it again. // 2

Comments