Glory Unending Review

artist: Final War date: 02/01/2006 category: compact discs
Final War: Glory Unending
Release Date: 2005
Genres: Hardcore Punk
Uptempo melodic hardcore/punk like old Bad Religion or so. Very uplifting songs and lyrics. This will bring you in a good mood.
 8.5
 7.7
 9.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Glory Unending Reviewed by: Gun-Ryo, on february 01, 2006

Sound: This album I had bought alongside of their sophomore album "We Speak The Truth" and I admit, it had been collecting quite an abundance of dust before I decided to give it another shot. First song had been a favorite of mine, along with "Tales Of Honour," but two songs weren't going to make me pack the cd around for along time. Keep listening. Song two didn't care for. Song three, wow this is good! It's very catchy punk like their sophomore album, the only difference being that they added more accoustic originality to these songs, which adds more personal style to the songs. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are sung with very deep meaning, and intellectual thought. That is, until you get to song 3. Song three talks about getting drunk at parties, screwing chicks, but ends with the note "We're All Together." Not with you on that one bub, if I wanted a song about getting drunk and screwing around, I would be listening to rap music. The rest are just as deep and thought provoking as the first two, Tales Of Honour holding my favorite lyrics, a sample of them being "You're gone but not forgotten/You live in our hearts and minds." Which is actually a very different type of song, it's still very catchy, but in a way it brings emotion from you, slowing down at the end of verses to let the previous words form in your mind the misery and treachery that this man went through until the day he died. Singer skills? Amazing. He has a very edgy voice that some may take as annoying, but if you give it an open mind, you will be putting this on your favorite bands of all time. // 9

Overall Impression: Comparing this to other artists is hard, because this album isn't my favorite by Final War. Comparing this very album to anything else, no, this is definetly not on my top 10, maybe top 100, but Final War could have done 200x better on this album. I understand it's their first album, and it sounds excellent for that, but it also doesn't sound very high quality recorded. I love this song for its catchy sounds and accoustic accents and the singers voice and the the emotion compressed into this compact disk. If it were stolen, I would probably try to find out who did it and get it back one way or another, but if it was me being clumsy, I think I might just download it, or atleast the good songs. Doesn't seem logical to pay for a CD you occaisionally listened to twice. // 7

More Final War reviews rating latest review