Falling Into Place [EP] Review

finch: Falling Into Place [EP]
Release Date: Oct 9, 2001
Genre: Emo, Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
Label: Drive-Thru
Finch rocks the familiar well enough to be real on Falling into Place, and that makes their debut much more than just a one-night stand.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Falling Into Place [EP] Reviewed by: Boxiii, on september 03, 2007

Sound: Finch in their early days had a very unique, distinctive sound to them. This EP, that most people don't know about, has early versions of two songs off their debut LP and two other songs that didn't meet the cut. The sound on the EP is much more rough, and the overall quality isn't as smooth as their LPs, but not to a point where it kills your ears. // 8

Lyrics: 01. Perfection Through Silence - as with the rest of the songs on this, the guitar riffs are fast, hard, and sound very nice. The way that Nate sings in this track really goes with the instruments. Personally I like the What it is to Burn version better, becuase there are a few things in this version that annoy me, such as an annoying pick slide in the middle.
02. Letters To You - now this song, I like this version waaay more than the mainstream one. The lyrics, although seemingly repetitive, are very catchy and well written. In this particular version, there's a bit more guitar work and it really makes the song better.
03. Waiting - this song really should have been on the LP, it's one of my favorite Finch songs and the guitar riffs are very catchy. The lyrics themselves aren't really that special, but Nate pulls it off as usual.
04. New Kid - slow song, similar to Ender on What it is to Burn. It starts to pick up as it goes on, and the guitars are decent. In the case it says this song is dedicated to a guy named Kevin Tannenbaum, and by looking at the lyrics, I'm guessing that something happened to him, giving the song some deeper value. // 9

Overall Impression: For an EP, Finch did a very good job, although I wish that they would ahve sticked to their roots for their last LP. can't say anything bad about this album, only good. I recommend that everyone with some spare cash to buy it, becuase it is very cheap to buy online. // 9

More Finch reviews rating latest review
+ Back To Oblivion 8.3 10/03/2014