FireHouse Review

firehouse: FireHouse
Released: Aug 21, 1990
Genre: Glam Metal, Heavy Metal
Label: Epic
FireHouse's debut album is a really amazing album! C.J. Snare provides a new, unique sound to FireHouse's music. The album gives a unique range of different genre songs, such as hard rock and glam metal. FireHouse presents a new, unique addition to the hard rock and glam metal scene.
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
FireHouse Reviewed by: CinderellaFan14, on january 23, 2012

Sound: FireHouse's debut album has to be one of my favorite debut albums ever. FireHouse shows their talent with several great songs with a new, signature sound which would later help them rise to fame. As with many bands, the lead singer is pretty much who defines the band. In this case, C.J. Snare IS FireHouse. His vocals are very unique, and helps bring a great new name to 80's Hard Rock music. The album kicks off with "Rock On The Radio", a moderate paced song with a unique intro to the song, album, and the band. The next song spawned a major hit for the band: "All She Wrote". This is a really awesome song, and it's one of the songs that really helped Firehouse find their sound. "Shake And Tumble" is a pretty decent song, with a nice upbeat sound and great guitar work. The next song also was a major hit for FireHouse, called "Don't Treat Me Bad". This song has an intro similar to Ratt's "Back For More", with an acoustic beginning and then a switch to electric guitars. I really enjoy this song as well, as it has a good beat to it, and it's also a song that shows FireHouse finding their best sound. "Oughta Be A Law" is a pretty fast paced song, and has a sound quality similar to "Rock On The Radio". The same can be said for the next track on the album, "Lover's Lane". The album returns back to their infamous sound with "Home Is Where The Heart Is". This song is EXTREMELY similar to "All She Wrote" sound wise. Then the album begins to slow down with "Don't Walk Away", a track with a haunting, pounding guitar beat. The next song is a quick acoustic instrumental, "Seasons Of Change". Then, the album kicks back into the heavy rock sound with "Overnight Sensation", which is similar in sound to "Rock On The Radio" as well. We then return back to the Firehouse signature sounding music with the hit "Love Of A Lifetime", a slow, yet great rock song. To end the album, FireHouse gives us "Helpless", a great song that's very similar to "All She Wrote" with the tempo and overall sound. The album overall is very great! What I don't like is the album's uncertainty. Most of the tracks are pretty great sounding tracks, but it appears FireHouse hasn't really found which sound works for them. We have the great hard rockers such as "Rock On The Radio" and "Overnight Sensation", the slow, almost ballad-like songs such as "Love Of A Lifetime", and then the new sounding music such as "Helpless" and "All She Wrote". Each song is an individual hit; the problem is the album doesn't flow smoothly. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics for the album are great. They work perfectly with the songs they correspond with, and the lyrics just sound like a great 80's hard rock band! C.J. Snare's singing skills on this album are very unique and great sounding. Just like Motley Crue, his singing style is not commonly heard, which helps make the band unique and great. // 10

Overall Impression: FireHouse's debut album is a really amazing album! C.J. Snare provides a new, unique sound to FireHouse's music, and is the icing on the cake when it comes to the band's sound and performance. The most impressive songs from this album have to be: 1. All She Wrote 2. Don't Treat Me Bad 3. Rock On The Radio 4. Helpless 5. Love Of A Lifetime The album gives a unique range of different genre songs, such as hard rock and glam metal. All of the songs on this album are amazing, which is partially why I love it. Another reason why I love the album is because FireHouse presents a new, unique addition to the hard rock and glam metal scene. The only thing I dislike about the album is probably how the tracks are listed and the band's constantly changing sound. This prevents the album from running smooth from beginning to end, which is partially what helps make an album great and fun to listen to. If the album were stolen or lost, I would buy the album again. It's a really great album, despite a few flaws. Any hard rock lover should have no problem finding something they like on this album! // 9

Comments