Whiskey On A Sunday Review

flogging molly: Whiskey On A Sunday
Release Date: Jul 25, 2006
Label: Side One Dummy
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Indie Rock
The audio CD is crammed with fan favorites that have been recreated either live on stage or acoustically in studio.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 18 comments vote for this album:
Whiskey On A Sunday Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2006

Sound: The sound is the typical Flogging Molly sound. If you ahve never heard anything from Flogging Molly, you will discover that they are truely unique with their Irish-infused Rock. The DVD Documentary was filmed over a period of two years and in several nations across the globe. Dave King tells of how he grew up in a very poor urban area of Dublin, Ireland; but there was always music in the house, which ultimatly influenced him into becoming the great musician that he is. It's drinking music. // 10

Lyrics: Quite a few of the songs on the CD have been on previous albums so the lyrics are fmailiar to all FM fans, but the songs from the previous albums are all either acoustic (Wanderlust, Laura, Drunken Lullabies) or done live. // 10

Overall Impression: To be honest, I can not bring myself to comparing this band or album with any other band out there, there is no comparison. Most impressive song the album has got to be Drunken Lullabies, I'm a huge fan of the original version, but Dave's vocals on the acoustic track seem have a little bit more emotion behind it. I would hunt down and brutally murder the poor soul who steals this from me, if destroyed, I would hate myself and then go buy another copy. // 10

More Flogging Molly reviews rating latest review