Doomsday for the Deceiver Review

flotsam and jetsam: Doomsday for the Deceiver
Release Date: 1986
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal
This is an important record for fans of early thrash metal.
 9.8
 9.7
 9.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Doomsday for the Deceiver Reviewed by: (...), on april 27, 2007

Sound: Doomsday For The Deceiver, Flotsam And Jetsam's debut album released in 1986, is a thrash metal onslaught that any thrash fan would enjoy. When I listen to any of the songs off this album, I realize why I like thrash so much. Doomsday For The Deceiver has the chugging, fast, catchy, heavy riffs that make thrash what it is. The solos are intense and the bass and drums are locked up tightly together in rhythm. I have the remastered version of this CD, and it has beautiful quality to it. Flotsam and Jetsam's sound was influenced by Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, or any big metal act at the time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of Doomsday For The Deceiver were all written by Jason Newstead before he left Flotsam and Jetsam for Metallica. Eric A.K. belts out the lyrics in a unique way. He can hit the really high notes, as shown on the song "Iron Tears." However, some find his vocal style annoying, but I actually quite enjoy it. The lyrics go great with the music, adding to the feel of the song. The lyrics are about many things, from the end of the world, the devil, Lizzy Borden (an axe murderer who killed her parents and got away with the crime), and love. // 9

Overall Impression: To tell you the truth, I believe that this album surpasses many of the thrash albums by greater known metal bands. Everything is great about this CD, and I highly recommend it to any metalhead out there. I love the creative riffs, the lyrics, and everything. This album to me is the best thrash album I have. I will probably wear out the CD from listening to it so much, and then I will definitely buy another copy of the great Doomsday For The Deceiver. // 10

Comments