Six Wheels On My Wagon Review

Genre: Electronica
Styles: Techno, Club/Dance, Electronica, IDM
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Six Wheels On My Wagon Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 08, 2003

Overall Impression: What should probably be called Flukes first full length album is, without a doubt, a must-have. Three of the cuts, namely Groovy Feeling, Electric Guitar and Slid seem to be remixes of songs by various other artists. Although I have no idea what the originals sound like, they do an admirable job of making them easy to listen to. Their own material is also extremely well done, although some of the music tends to lean away from the electronica I'm used to, and more towards the dancy, pop-albumish music you hear on the Top 40, if only for a minute. But it's forgivable, and this Fluke fan is desperately awaiting a new release sometime in the next year or two, if only to add to my already extensive collection of Fluke CDs. Well done, guys! // 10

Six Wheels On My Wagon Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 08, 2003

Overall Impression: From the opener Groovy Feeling you can hear this is going to be a great album. More mature and knowledgeable in their musical tastes, Fluke were never going to make a boring techno/house record that others have. (See Underworlds Beacoup Fish). Dance orientated enough to get the younger generations listening but also musically complex enough to get the mums and dads out there to take notice, this album showcases the best in techno, house, trip-hop and ambient dub. Electric Guitar will always be at home both on the stereo and on the dancefloor, Slid remains a great pop song and Top of the World builds and builds as only a Fluke song can. Get this now, youll always find time to listen to it. // 10

Six Wheels On My Wagon Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 08, 2003

Overall Impression: A little over a year ago, I bought Risotto on a vacation and figured it could not be beat.. by anyone or anything. Then I get Six Wheels and it seems as though Fluke has created a masterpiece that perhaps defeats the mighty, incredible Risotto album (and the album "Oto", which is still excellent, but in my opinion doesnt even compare with these). This CD is almost totally different in style, but it still manages to keep the Fluke feel. Several songs on this album are specific mixes of tracks that are on individual singles, i.e. Groovy Feeling (Make Mine a 99 Mix). Sometimes the selected mixes are better than the others, sometimes not.. but it doesn't matter because this whole album is fantastic. Fluke utilizes vocals much more frequently in this CD than in Risotto.. which in the electronic realm may seem like a drawback, but it in no way takes away from the music, it actually enhances it. In tracks like Groovy Feeling, Letters, Slid, and Lifesupport.. the vocals are essential to get across the feeling of the song. With this release Fluke changes styles.. they explore everything from prog. house and trance to ambient to poppy trip hoppy. Its all spectacular! Some of the best tracks I think are 1,2,6,7,9,12. Anyway, if youre a huge electronic (or even pop) music fan, you will NOT be disappointed! GET THIS CD! :) // 10

Comments