Wasted Youth Review

5.7
 5.3
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Wasted Youth Reviewed by: vppark2, on november 08, 2013

Sound: Prepare to get ready for For The Fallen Dreams' 4th studio album. Sit back, and relax, as we're here to discuss what they brought to the table this time. Barely even a year later since "Back Burner" was released, and already FTFD releases another album. What can we expect? Well, judging by the very first track on this, not very much. In fact, even less effort than what we heard from "Back Burner." If you're a fan of chug, open note breakdowns, cookie cutter uncleans, and whiny clean singing, then this is the album for you. // 4

Lyrics: Lyrical content is probably the only good thing about what FTFD has been doing lately. The topics of each song may not flow all that well with vocalist Dylan Richter, but overall, the topics of the songs itself should keep the listener interested enough in what he's saying. For example, in "Resolvent Feelings": "Arguing In circles Is all we ever do You say we wouldn't be together If It weren't for you Well, It's not for you I'm trying to let myself breathe I'm done feeling misused Release this grip you have on me." And in "Moving Forward": "It's all in the way you use it I'm not sorry for all the things I've said I don't regret the things I've done There's no remorse for a life poorly unsung." // 7

Overall Impression: Hopefully, For The Fallen Dreams puts out better work in the future. This album did nothing different for metal. There are worse bands in this genre, but this album is not breaking new grounds. They are falling into the generic category, and I honestly think they could do better than this, judging from their first two albums being better than average. The clean vocals, for one, need more life to them, and the screams need to differ a bit to catch the listener's attention. Guitar work needs something new as well. For fans of: For All Those Sleeping, Fit For A King, and any band who uses cookie cutter vocals and boring guitar leads. // 5

More For The Fallen Dreams reviews rating latest review