Forever The Sickest Kids Review

forever the sickest kids: Forever The Sickest Kids
Released: Mar 1, 2011
Genre: Pop punk, Powerpop
Label: Universal Motown Republic
Honestly, I was extremely disappointed with FTSK's new release.
 5.8
 3.7
 7.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Forever The Sickest Kids Reviewed by: ninjagayden777, on march 23, 2011

Sound: Intering my listening session, I remembered how much fun their previous release, Underdog Alma Mater, was. It was, while not too original, a very fun pop punk meets electronica record. Those memories left soon after I hit the play button on FTSK's self titled album. The album suffers from much of the same problems as I See Stars' new record did: over production, generic as Best Choice lyrics, and riffs straight out of the pop punk recycle bin. Every song has the air of something you just KNOW you've heard before...unfortunately, no you haven't. It's just that much like everything else. // 4

Lyrics: No...just, no. The band seem to be trying to force a kind of ill-begotten "maturity" out with this record, but in the process end up delivering songs that lyrically resemble more upbeat James Blunt numbers, minus any kind of creativity. Lines like "hey, I got it all worked out/it's me not you I'm thinking about" (from Good Life) come off as arrogant and misguided, and the love songs are so incredibly cheesy with so little substance they aren't even worth bothering with. // 2

Overall Impression: Honestly, I was extremely disappointed with FTSK's new release. When I expected just a little of their charisma and energy from UAM to carry through to this release, I got absolutely none of that. It's the same over processed pop punk album I've heard tons of times before (such as All Time Low's Nothing Personal or The Maine's Black And White). If I lost this album I honestly would have no problem with it. I'm actually considering taking it back for store credit. A sound piece of advice, however, if you are a fan of Forever The Sickest Kids, please sample a few of these songs before you consider buying. If you're very into this genre the disk may be appealing. As for me, I hope these Kids get this "maturity" bug out of their system and come back to delivering infectious, bouncy pop punk. // 5

More Forever The Sickest Kids reviews rating latest review