Give Myself To Love [Single] Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Give Myself To Love [Single] Reviewed by: belavista man, on june 11, 2007

Sound: There are three fantastic songs on this single that seperate Rossi from his Status Quo, 3 chord stereotype. The song that stands out for me has to be Give Myself To Love, as it shows Francis for all he's worth. The song shows his writing for multiple instruments, plus singing, plus playing guitar. The use of brass instruments in this song is extremely effective, as it gives a very funky/jazz feel. All the songs have obviously been produced very carefully, and it deffinatly shows through the sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are, at least, brilliant. They really make you listen, and, in King Of The Doghouse, they make you smile (Well, your hearts broke, and mine is too, and my nose as-well). Francis carries them off very well, but the backing vocals on the first two songs bring them down for me. The most memorable lyrics, personally, are in his cover of Someone Show Me Home. The song is hard-hitting, beautiful and should have been released as a single, in my oppinion. // 9

Overall Impression: A very good, solo career debut. Francis picked three great songs for release on this disc. Though this single didn't do as well as it should have done, it still remains memorable to me and many others out there. Sadly, it's pretty hard to find this single nowadays, so if you find it, get it, because you'll love it, and that's a guarantee. // 9

More Francis Rossi reviews rating latest review