Abandon Your Friends Review

Released: Aug 30, 2005
Label: Vagrant
Genre: Rock
Styles: Emo, Punk Metal
This is not the From Autumn To Ashes we all know and love. Their sound has completely changed. If you're looking for a faux-emo sounding band, you're in the right place.
 9.4
 9.2
 9.5
Abandon Your Friends Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 01, 2005

Sound: Sound is posthardcore. In the album though they got heavier and they got lighter. // 10

Lyrics: All the lyrics are very good. Concerning the singing the only problem I had with the album was the fact that the drummer sings in seven of the song, were as the lead singer only sings in 5 of them. // 8

Overall Impression: Here's what I thought of the separte tracks: 01. Where Do You Draw The Line - great song, probably my favorite on the CD. For those of you that know the song Lilacs And Lolita, it reminds me of that (both vocalsist and drummer sing) 10/10. 02. Inapprope - one of the drummer's songs, probably his best on the album, kinda dark and its pretty wicked and stuff 9/10. 03. Sugar Wolf - another drummer song, guitar riff is really cool, and they mix it in with the song pefectly. I also will admit I like the way the drummer songs in this, its sorta a mix between his scream and singing voice. And it has some of my favorite lyrics on the album 9/10. 04. Vicious Cockfight - probably the heaviest song on this CD, it's also sorta repeatitive. But overall it's a good song 8/10. 05. Streamline - for FATA fans, the drummer always has a sorta slow song like Chloroform Perfume, or No Triva. This time around he really surpirsed me, this song was like them and it was really good. Definatly better than No Trivia (I didn't really like that song to much anyway). It's really powerful but not in the sense like Chloroform Perfume dark powerful, it's different 10/10. 06. The Funny Thing About Getting Pistol Whipped Is... - first off the name is awesome, followed by a awesome yet heavy song. This song is defiantly one of my favorites. Lead singer sings, it's short, but the middle/end where the drummer comes in it sounds so cool. Like dark cool, whenver I listen to it, I feel like I'm in f--king Dracula's castle 10/10. 07. Placentapede - drummer sings. Intro is awesome, the verse is pretty cool too, but the chours sounds like mainstream s--t. Very much like No Trivia. The chours really runined the song for me, but everything else about it is ok 7/10. 08. Kansas City 90210 - can you say, gay? The most emo song on the whole CD. I honestly say wtf was the rest of the band thinking when the drummer sung this? I hate it it sound like a slow song Hoobastank would write 0/10. 09. Short For Show - lead singer sings. If the first song isn't my favorite than this is. I love this song. Very heavy and just awesome, I love the riff they have in everysingle part of the song. Great job on this one. Also it has my absoulte favorite FATA breakdown, yes better than relections. It's awesome. "Don't you try to tell me that your life feels empt?" 10/10. 10. Long To Go - drummer sing, again. It's ok, I like the clean guitar riff they put in there. An average song, can't say much 7/10. 11. Jack And Ginger - both sing, mostly lead singer. Great song! The message is a unique one. It's about the song writing process. The guitar riff is definatly FATA guitar, unlike a lot of the heavy songs on this CD. I love the song. It's short though 10/10. 12. Abandon Your Friends - for all of you that remember the song "Fiction We Live", same thing. Drummer sings. It's extremly powerful. I can see a lot of people taking this message to heart. It's all piano. Personally it's a very deep song. I love it. Overall it's a weird mixture. They have some of there heaviest material on this album, yet they have som of there most emo. I haven't decided whether I like it better than the fistion we live or not. Also the girl never sings in this album. FATA is my second favorite band, and TBYB is my favorite album, but ever since that CD nothing has come close to the deep and dark mood that was expressed through TBYB. // 8

Abandon Your Friends Reviewed by: nothingface187, on september 28, 2005

Sound: I thought the sound for this was very wierd at first. I was mainly looking for the lead singer vocals. But listen second vocals (Francis Mark) sang most of it. I was a bit disppointed, but I opened my minded towards and afterwards, I thought it was good sound. It very esscentric, takes a few listens to get use to it. // 10

Lyrics: I thought the lyrics where very good, gave me a very warm feeling inside. It mainly talks about record labels, and how people are liars. I thought the lyrics were very good. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall you'd better go into this thinking that it's going to heavy as hell, or close minded, because you are going to be disappointed, and say that this album sucks. I thought it compared to all the other album, which I'm big fan of all there other album, but we got to keep evoling and changing, if were for that, this world would be very boring. I like every song on this album, I just didn't like the way they arranged the songs (soft n' heavy, heavy, or soft) it was a bit too linear. // 9