Too Bad You're Beautiful Review

9.6
 9.9
 9.3
Too Bad You're Beautiful Reviewed by: Torn, on april 07, 2004

Sound: Overall this album has a very good sound that keeps a certain theme throughout that I found really appealing. The contrast between hard and fast riffs to slow and soft acoustic parts fit incredibly well and I couldn't imagine From Autumn To Ashes any other way. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very emotional and mean so much to me personally. They just can stir thoughts in your mind and it's just incredible. The singers that From Autumn To Ashes offers fit well with the music. The lead singer's 'screaming' style goes well and the same effect couldn't be produced through regular singing styles. The drummer also provides his own lead vocal parts throughout the album and his voice is very good, however this depends on your view of what makes a good singer. His voice can likely be seen as too 'high' but I find that it fits well and doesn't clash with the music. Probably the most talented singer throughout the album is during Short Stories With Tragic Endings. Melanie (I think) sings a small portion at the beginning and closes out the last 3 or 4 minutes of the song singing her heart out with the most beautiful voice that I've ever heard. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally, right now it is my favourite and most frequently played album out of my collection. I am so glad I went out and was able to find and buy it because I'm not sure what else I'd be listening to right now. Favourite Songs(In order of appearance on CD): Chloroform Perfume Capeside Rock Take Her To The Music Store Eulogy For An Angel Short Stories With Tragic Endings // 10

Too Bad You're Beautiful Reviewed by: dmc_74_usa, on september 03, 2004

Sound: The music on this album is simply amazing. They have a way of going from very soft and melodic to really heavy. There are some really cool variations in almost every song. Just when you think it's gonna be a soft song, they throw a curve ball at you and crank it up a notch. The lead singer has an amazing scream. It really blends with their music a lot. When the drummer started singing, it suprised me as well. I really enjoy the mix of these two. The guitar work is amazing. They sometimes blend the two guitarists together with harmonizing leads. Everything about their music is amazing and impressive. They truly have a unique sound on this album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good, but somewhat typical, with a lot of emotional lyrics about sad things in life. However, when you're listening to these lyrics sung very heavily, it almost takes the sadness away, and sounds more like anger. Also, they aren't your basic "emo" lyrics, they have a uniqueness to them. The words chosen are very good. They can really get you thinking. On one song, Chloroform Perfume, the lyrics are a prime example of unique word choice. Sure, they base around a general subject in music today, but he uses great metaphors and similes and such to express his thoughts. Also, the song Mercury Rising isn't a song, it's just some words said after the song Chloroform Perfume. These lyrics in this peice are so amaing. When you listen to it, it just kind of tears out your heart. If you're the least bit emotional, these words will really tear you up inside. I like the lyrics overall. // 10

Overall Impression: This whole album is amazing. When I first put the cd in, and started on the first song, my thoughts were "Ok, this isn't too bad". Then, I turned to the next song, and was caught. The guitar riff was so cool that I had to continue listening. Then, I finished off the cd and was completely impressed. It is one of the best cd's I've ever bought. If I ever lost this cd, I'd go out and buy it again for sure. I've recommended it to all my friends. All the songs are amazing, but there are some that I think stand out more than others. // 10

Too Bad You're Beautiful Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 29, 2005

Sound: Well, the CD has a great sound to it. They use an awesome clash of harder music and accoustic music. They use the guitar to the fullest extent. They have great guitarist. The guitarist have equal amount of riff times and they use what they have to the fullest. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics for this CD are incredibly emotional and very deep. They have a lot of meaning behind them and you can tell that. They have elegance when they sing the words, and they know what they are talking about. The music with the lyrics that are sung are completly compatible. They fit the music throughout the whole CD. The singing skills in this CD are not the best but they are still really good. // 10

Overall Impression: By far this CD is one of my favorite CDs I own. They have amazing talent and are one of my favorite bands. In my opinion my favorite songs are Cherry Kiss, Eulogy For An Angel, Short Stories With Tragic Endings, and Take Her To The Music Store. They all have something about them that makes you want to listen to them again and again. I love how there is a woman singer and both the other singers and it still fits all in. I don't like a few of the songs that are way too deep of the singing like in Capeside Rock. If I were to lose this CD, I would go and buy it again. // 10

Too Bad You're Beautiful Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 07, 2005

Sound: Ok this sound on this album got me way into emo, and hardcore, they started it all for me, I moshed to FATA for the first time last night and it was so kick ass, this has to be the best sounding of all 3 CDs that have came out by them, because it's all dark and musterius, like you could sit in your corner in your room and just jam out to them and not give a f--k about anything, they used vary fast up beat guitar riffts, and drum beats, it will make you tap your foot right when you hear it, oh yeah there singer is a drummer. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are vary moodie, and emotional, and can change the person you love into your werst enemy, like it did to me. // 10

Overall Impression: If the CD were stolen I would buy it again, and the limeted edition because I don't have it yet. I love every song on it, I can't just say I love one song because they all reached out to me. I don't have any thing to hate about this album. I bought this album out of desperation to find a new band to like, because no one knows who they really are, and I saw it on the new artist rack at best buy so I thought about giving them a shot for only 9.99. I think the first 3 songs on the album, and the last song are the most impressive songs on the album because it leads you through the darkest allies, and darkest parts of your mind, and will bring the emo out in you, this cd dosnt compare to any cd you can buy, because it's just the best. // 10