Hide Nothing Review

further seems forever: Hide Nothing
Released: Aug 24, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative CCM, CCM
It is still Further Seems Forever. Intricate winding guitars and great drumming with the time signature changes that we all love.
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Hide Nothing Reviewed by: dane1234, on november 15, 2004

Sound: When Jason Gleason left Further Seems Forever, the remaining members of the band were uncertain about their future and uncertain yet another comeback after losing not one but 2 lead singers, Chris Carraba (Dashboard Confessional), and of course Jason Gleason. But they have made a comeback with their 3rd lead singer Jon Bunch (sense field) they have released their most mature work of their careers. "Hide Nothing" is a pure rock/emo/christian rock album that gives you a sense of what their past albums have sounded like. They have also included in this album a hint of christian rock in the lyrics which shouldn't influence liking or hating the album. // 10

Lyrics: In my opinion the Lyrics for "Hide Nothing" are fine tuned, meaning they wrote lyrics down and then took the time to sit down and polish them up and make them nice. The lyrics for this album take a different direction from the "Moon Is Down" and "How To Start A Fire," "Hide Nothing" sounds more like a religion based album but still has the emo taste to it meaning the songs have 2 points of view to it. The emo fan can take the I want the girl point of view and if there are any christian listeners they can take the religion based point of view. But I think its best not to stereotype "Hide Nothing" so I just say read the lyrics for yourself and create your own opinion. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this album is amazing because the albums starts off with catchy songs like "Light Up Ahead", "Hide Nothing", and "Already Gone". But then slows down through songs like "Somebody You Know," "Make It Apart," "All Rise". Then comes back really strong with the songs "Lead The Way", "Bleed", and "For All We Know". So you kind of get a full experience through the album. Before I leave you I would like to say this, most bands would collapse after losing not one but 2 lead singers. Further seems forever is a time tested, Matured band that dousn't look like they're going to be disbanding anytime soon. // 10

More Further Seems Forever reviews rating latest review