Advance To The Fall Review

8.7
 9.7
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Advance To The Fall Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 11, 2008

Sound: Galneryus is first of all from japan. They one of those bands that just goes together. It's symphonic, melodic, and high energy. The general style is metal but each artist stems from a more classical side. On this album I can't think of any song that is repetitive or boring. Each song is good enough to be it's own singe because of the incredible song writing skills. Some of the best songs include: Whisper In The Red Sky, Slient Revelation, Ancient Rage, and Glorious Aggressor. If you get a chance, check them out of youtube. Glorious Aggressor is an instrumental solo by guitarist Syu, and it displays his many talents as well as the keyboardist. // 9

Lyrics: Don`t let them being from japan fool you, the lyrics are in English. Though they may be hard to decifer without lyrics in front of you because the singers accent comes right through. But it adds a nice touch. It's a greast combination between the singers almost operatic voice and the powerful guitar and keyboard. The lyrics themselves seem to be translated from japanese because there will be the odd missing word, but it still works. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this smothers any band in this category simply because every song is catchy. You will find yourself humming the last song you heard no matter what one. Unlike Dragonforce and their chugging rhythm power chords, Galneryus offers a great repitoir of inverted chords and harmonies. If I lost this CD I would cry because it cost me 40$ off amazon because they had to import it from japan. But I would deffinatly get it again and probably nother 2 while I'm at it. // 9

More Galneryus reviews rating latest review
+ Resurrection 8.7 12/10/2012