Tales From The Grave In Space Review

8.4
 8.3
 8.4
review (1) 13 comments vote for this album:
Tales From The Grave In Space Reviewed by: TakeoutheTHRASH, on december 07, 2009

Sound: First let me say that Gama Bomb has a great idea with distributing this record. It is a free download at Gamabomb.com. This is great for me because, living in the United States, I would otherwise not have access to this album. The first song on the album really sets a magnificent tone for the album. "Slam Anthem" starts fast and ends fast, with fabulous vocals and great rythm. Their drummer is fantastic and has some very inspired fills. Although they are mixed rather low which is disapointing, you really have to listen at some parts to get to the fills. I like the guitarists tone in this album a lot, not quite as sharp as on citizen brain with more low end and mids. The solos are a bit faster than on Citizen Brain which is good, however some of them feel a little rushed, like the guitarist tried too hard to show off his chops. // 8

Lyrics: I love the lyrics on this album. They are very fun rarely serious. I also love the subject matter. B-movies, Zombies and video games are what I grew up reading, watching and playing so this is all very familiar to me. I really like the direction that the band takes with horror themed lyrics as well. Where most bands would be really dark and gory. Gama Bomb points out the comedy in these movies on tracks like "Escape From Scarecrow Mountain" and "Return To Blood Castle". There are a few lyrics that are sub-par however. One of the worst examples being on "Slam Anthem", immediately after the solo. The Lyrics are "I'm gonna pull your head off, 'cause I don't like your head!" // 8

Overall Impression: I think that Gama Bomb is easily one of the best artists coming out of this new thrash wave. Their intensity and speed are great. They perfectly combine punk and metal elements. Good Songs: -Slam Anthem -New Eliminators Of Atlantis B.C. -Escape From Scarecrow Mountain -Return To Blood Castle // 9

More Gama Bomb reviews rating latest review