Heading For Tomorrow Review

gamma ray: Heading For Tomorrow
Released: Feb 21, 1990
Genre: Power Metal, Progressive Metal
Label: Noise
This album is a very good example of talent, and power. Power metal. After Kai Hansen left Helloween, he formed what we know as Gamma Ray. This is their first album.
 9.2
 9.4
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Heading For Tomorrow Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 02, 2012

Sound: This album is a very good example of talent, and power. Power metal. After Kai Hansen left Helloween, he formed what we know as Gamma Ray. This, is their first album. While I personally didn't like Ralf Scheepers, his voice mixed with the songs on this album, are amazing. When Ralf and Kai team up on double vocals on songs like "Lust For Life", it just blows my mind. Kai Hansen's guitar playing mixed with Scheepers voice, a key of power metal. Speed, powerful choruses, epic solos. Just awesome. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics around this album really fit with it's title, "Heading For Tomorrow". They're mostly about striving forward. Now do the lyrics fit with the music? Hell yes. I personally believe that this is a good, all around power metal album. Ralf Scheepers skills as a singer? He's a power metal god in that world. Ralf Scheepers, Michael Kiske, Andi Deris, etc. All gods of the power metal genre when it comes to vocals. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is probably most like Helloween's "Master Of The Rings" album. That's just my opinion. The best song probably on the album is "Lust For Life". Again, my opinion. I love the vocals, the guitar playing, all of the syncopated rhythms. Another great example of Kai Hansen's amazing talent. I didn't really hate much about it. Some of the album is repetitive however. If I lost this, I would probably buy this album again. If not for the music, then for the sake of a CD collection. // 9

More Gamma Ray reviews rating latest review