Majestic Review

gamma ray: Majestic
Release Date: Oct 11, 2005
Label: Sanctuary
Genres: Heavy Metal, Power Metal
With Majestic Gamma Ray prove that, even in their excess, they are nothing but genuine.
 8.8
 8.7
 8.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Majestic Reviewed by: tpvikke, on october 09, 2007

Sound: Majestic is Gamma Ray's latest album and was released in 2005. The musicstyle of this album is metal. But it's not this typical Gamma Ray style with much power in the songs, no, this album is more evil than the other GR albums. Even though it hasn't got the typical Hansen songs on it, it still is good music! // 9

Lyrics: With songtitles as "Hell Is Thy Home" and "Blood Religion", you sure can guess what the lyrics are all about. To a great extent the lyrics tells the listener about supernatural powers and darkness. The singer Kai Hansen's best years are now over and you notice that if you've listened to Gamma Ray's old albums, although Hansen has always sounded a bit shrill, because of his special voice, but now it's getting to an end I think. // 9

Overall Impression: This album has got influences from darker metal and not bright and melodic powermetal, as Gamma Ray used to be. But everybody's changes sometime. The album's not of topclass, but with good songs as "My Temple", "Spiritual Dictator" and "Hell Is Thy Home" it sure is worth to buy. If the album was stolen I would definitely buy it again. I'm a great Gamma Ray fan so I'd buy it so I'd have my Gamma Ray collection complete again. // 8

More Gamma Ray reviews rating latest review