Out In The Fields: The Very Best Of Gary Moore Review

Released: Dec 1, 1998
Label: Virgin
Genre: Rock
Styles: Blues-Rock, Hard Rock, Guitar Virtuoso
Out In The Fields is a great anthology of Gary Moore's work of the '80s and '90s.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Out In The Fields: The Very Best Of Gary Moore Reviewed by: Masterofdarknes, on june 17, 2005

Sound: As I said in my other review on Gary Moore's Blues alive album I am a huge fan of he's, and this album to me is the best one he's done that I know of, it has everything plus one very big bonus is it has a bonus disc with all tracks live, which is fabulous I must say, now back to the point hehe, the sound is very good quality for start off, And trust me the first impression of the album is a very good one it starts off with a very good song called "Out In The Fields." This album is also another one from virgin records, Gary Moore is mainly blues but its rocked up in some songs its really really good, I mean songs like out in the fields live is quite rocky where as something like still got the blues is very bluesy, so a mixture really of blues/rock, but the sound is great and the music is great. // 10

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics is very good I thought they were great very emmotional and work very very well with the guitar and the backings of the songs, they all work well. The lyrics are very meaningful if you listen to the lyrics you will understand, it's also the way he sings them a very good example in my eyes of a really good emmotional bit is in Military Man live where the music and vox slow down its just amazing I think and then this again emmotional guitar solo comes in its just proper proper music in my eyes. And lastly Singer skills well what can I say the mans got a great voice and can sing very well. // 10

Overall Impression: This album to me is the best one I have heard from him it has alot of tracks and there all brilliant compared to he's other albums but thats not to say that the rest arn't any good because they are there fantastic, I just love this one, And compared to other blues/rock artists I have heard I think he is about the best! // 10

More Gary Moore reviews rating latest review