Brutality And Bloodshed For All Review

gg allin: Brutality And Bloodshed For All
Released: Apr, 1993
Genre: Punk Rock
Label: Alive Records
GG Allin's last album before he died. His backing band on this album are The Murder Junkies, possibly his best. Recommended to any GG Allin, punk or hard rock fan.
 7.9
 7.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Brutality And Bloodshed For All Reviewed by: MurderJunkie93, on april 11, 2011

Sound: GG Allin's last album before he died. His backing band on this album are The Murder Junkies, possibly his best. Its also definitely the best produced, this album is not as savagely recorded and has been done rather professionally. Although by this stage GG's voice was getting to the stage where it was almost completely f***ed the band still sound great. As with most of GG's releases its a rock'n'roll/hardcore punk style. So although GG's voice isnt up to the standard of previous albums the production quality and solidness of the band make up for this. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are less sexually and self orientated and are more focused on killing. Some songs are quite catchy (Kill Thy Father Rape Thy Mother, I Kill Everything I F***) and you can have a laugh over, as is the case with most of GG's previous releases. However some songs lyrics are just bland and unoriginal. Overall the lyrics are inconsistent, some are good and some not. But it doesn't really affect the enjoyability of the album. // 6

Overall Impression: I don't have any favourites on the album as most of the songs are as good as each other but standout songs would be: Kill Thy Father Rape Thy Mother, I Kill Everything I F***, Anal C***, Highest Power, Raw Brutal Rough And Bloody, B****** Son Of A Loaded Gun, Take Aim And Fire. With this album I like the fact that it seems to only be able to grow on you, and its hard to get sick of. The main riff of Take Aim And Fire would be one of my favourite of GG's songs and the production has really stepped up a notch. The only bad thing about it is that GG's voice is almost worn out, if he had not deteriorated as much and was still as good as he was on his late 80's releases I would say that this could have possibly been his definitive album. If this album were stolen or lost I would definitely replace it. I recommend this to any GG Allin, punk or hard rock fan. // 9

More Gg Allin reviews rating latest review