Guided By Fire Review

Ghost Brigade: Guided By Fire
Released: Sep 17, 2007
Genre: Melodic Gothic Death/Doom Metal
Label: Season Of Mist
Ghost Brigade is definitely a band that has brought lots of new emotions combined with music to my life. Ghost Brigade is one of a kind. There is no other like it and there will be no other.
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Guided By Fire Reviewed by: M1kk, on may 17, 2011

Sound: Ghost Brigade is definitely a band that has brought lots of new emotions combined with music to my life. Sound's ridiciolus right? Well not for me, because when I first heard of them, then I was astonished. The music that they make is of of a kind. I have never heard and I think that I will never hear another band that sounds just like them. I just can't describe it that well how they do it so good. Its like you're walking down the road, sun setting, snow reflecting the red sun, and you have Ghost Brigade playing on your mp3. Its just so good feeling. Some songs off the album makes you rethink about your life, your actions. "Based On You" and "Disgusted By The Light" are the best to listen when experiencing lots of difficulties in love life. Made my days worth living and bad thoughts were overrun by days of thinking, and in the background there was always Ghost Brigade. Regardless the cost of my batteries lifetime, it was worth it. No matter the situation. The songs just fitted in. "Rails At The River" fits in with beautiful and melancholic sunsets and "Deliberately" puts you out of your misery. "Away And Here" and "Autoemotive" with they'r ending solos are the best for walking alone In the streets. "Hold On Thin Line" adds some Encouraging thought into your head. I listened to this album every day that passed by. I still listen to it every day. Definitely lots of styles combined together. This album is so worth hearing! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are like they have been just written off from your life. They describe the feelings whole lot deeper than you could. The pain, agony, suffering, love, hate, anxiety, everything is just so well written. Lyrics combined with the clean vocals and the low growling makes it even perfect. Surely there are some words and lines you can't understand, but it is compensated by everything else good in the song. The singer puts lots of raw power into low growling. Also the clean vocals adds some spice to it. // 8

Overall Impression: Ghost Brigade is one of a kind. There is no other like it and there will be no other. Other artists just don't sound like it. Even the lyrics are one of a kind. "Guided By Fire" offers a lot. But there are two songs that will be ringing in you'r ears forever. "Based On You" and "Disgusted By The Light". These songs are just amazingly good. Especially the vocals and the guitar riffs, combined with deep thought lyrics. On this album the bass guitar is more highlighted than on the second album. Witch is adds more power to the album itself. Also the riffs are very melancholic and dark. Nothing bad to say about the album. Definitely worth buying and hearing, if you like some good doom metal to blast your eardrums. // 8

More Ghost Brigade reviews rating latest review