Glamour Of The Kill Review

8.7
 9.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Glamour Of The Kill Reviewed by: YourMessiah666, on november 21, 2008

Sound: This is a great EP that I picked up in the UK and I thought others should know how great it is. So first off, I had never heard of these guys before I picked up the album, I just picked it up an hoped for the best. And I got pretty close to the best! Overall sound on the album, very very very well done. The band is very talented and diverse. I'd personally say these guys would be, metalcore, punk, and a little bit of prog. The only thing I don't like too too much about these guys is they don't sound [I]that[/I] different from other bands. They sound good, but nothing original enough to call their own style. But definitely a great buy. And oh yeah, sweet album art both on the cover and in the book. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are actually pretty well done. Quite a fair amount of vocal harmonies, screaming, and just regular old singing. So it's very diverse through-out the album. The skills of the singer are just awesome, the screams are very nice, and the singing is clean and melodic. And there's quite a lot of background punk style singing. The lyrics in this album are mainly about the good old fashioned girl break-up type situation. But they do try to get away from the clichness of 'you broke my heart' type stuff. And mostly all of the lyrics are very catchy and you'll be singing alone within minutes. A few of my favourite lines throughout the album would be "You sold your soul in time for me to take your place" "for our love we run, we won't stop for anyone, I can see the evil in your eyes" & "rise from your grave (woah-oh-oh) and take my hand." Just catchy stuff. // 8

Overall Impression: 01.The Introduction: just as the title explains it. Haha just an instrumental intro that is a perfect intro to the CD. 02.In Search Of Salvation: your typical song after an intro, starts out with a bang, then a kick ass guitar solo. As soon as you hear this song, you'll probably think they sound a little like BFMV. So if ya like them, you'll like this cd. This is a kick ass song by the way. A real sing-along. And the solos are wicked (yes more than one!) 03.So Who Said Romance Is Dead?: right from the start this song will get you headbangin. A little bit of screaming in this one. And the guitaring in this song is absolutely awesome, some duelling solo action, and then some harmonized solo action, then booyaka a breakdown. And of course the mandatory pinch. This would be one of my favourites on the album. 04.Kiss Of Death: starts out with a very punchy intro, some sweet drums, and then a solo, with another harmonized part. Good shit. This song is freakin awesome. Kinda sounds like an I am GHOST style song in the chorus. Then into some more screaming. Another kick ass solo in this song with some harmonization in it as well. These guys do that very well. Near the end, a clap "hey!" clap "hey!" section that I would have liked to have been longer but short and sweet I guess. 05.A Hope In Hell: I absolutely love the guitaring in this song. If only there was a tab my god. The solo in this song would have to be my favourite on the whole album, bringin back the tap. Followed by just a vocal "woah-oh-oh whoa-oh oh." Probably my favourite on the CD. 06.Rise From Your Grave: the backing vocals on this song are awesome. You'll be singing this one halfway through the first chorus for sure. This song has a few mini breakdowns too, with some vocals. The solo in this song is very cool. I love the way the incorprate both the rhythm guitar and lead into the solo. After the solo however sounds a lot like a recycled idea from Kiss of Death. But a very kick ass song to end off the EP. Overall, this EP is awesome. The only things I don't like about it are, it's too damn short, it does sound a little unoriginal after a few reps in the CD player, and I couldn't buy another copy since I live in Canada. If someone were to steal this album from me, I'd get my ass on the computer and order another copy from zavvi or wherever I could find another copy. I really hope these guys come out with a full length CD in the near future, and I hope it comes out in Canada too! // 9

More Glamour Of The Kill reviews rating latest review