Benny Blisto Review

go back to the zoo: Benny Blisto
Released: Aug 13, 2010
Genre: Indie Rock, Britpop
Label: Universal Music
"Benny Blisto" is the debut album by Dutch indie rock band Go Back To The Zoo. I think this album has an other sound in comparison with other albums which I own, or which I normally listen to.
 6.3
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Benny Blisto Reviewed by: GreaseMouth, on april 16, 2012

Sound: I know this band already for 3 years now. But they didn't really catched my attention. But the last few months, I heared a few singles of this album and I was sold. What a good record. I'm not really sure about the musicstyle the artist used, but I guess it's something like indie, and who cares if it sounds nice? And maybe the most important thing: I really love the guitar sound on this album. It's awesome! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't really complicated but sound good though. The lyrics are also very easy to listen too. Like the chorus, because with the most of them you can sing along. The singer skills aren't really impressive. Sounds good, but no extremely high or low vocals or special techniques. Just good, not more, not less. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this album has an other sound in comparison with other albums which I own, or which I normally listen to. Maybe because of the really nice guitar sound or the pop/rock songs it's still a lot of fun to listen to. The first four songs are great, those four songs we're also released as singles. Too bad there are a few slower songs on this album, but who cares with a lot of good songs! If I lost this album, which I hope I'll never do, I would definitely get a new one. // 7

Comments