Faceless Review

8.7
 9.7
 7.7
Faceless Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 30, 2003

Overall Impression: I like many people have been waiting for the highly anticipated 3rd Godsmack cd Faceless, and I can tell you that it was well worth the wait. The cd is loud, fast paced, in-yer-face, "energy rock". The cd's first single "Straight out of line" is a very melodic song that gets stuck in your head and makes you want to listen to it again and again. The song faceless is a new side of godsmack we haven't seen before. The song serenity, my personal faveorite, is this cd's voodoo. It is very melodic and spiritual, and makes you feel alive. Other notable songs on the cd are dead and broken, releasing the deamons, I F*****g hate you, and I stand alone. Which I stand alone was already featured on the Scorpion king soundtrack and was number one on the modern rock chart for over two months. So if you don't own a copy of this cd, whether you burned it or bought it, then you need to get one and fast. Great cd. That's all. // 10

Faceless Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 08, 2004

Sound: The music is awesome. Plenty of guitar solos and heavy riffs, which give Tony Rombola plenty of credit as one of the best guitarists of our time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very cool. Although some of them sound like they had just been slopped down in about five minutes, like those to I F***ing Hate You, they are still very acceptable. The music and lyrics are an excellent combiniation. Sully is a very talented singer/musician/lyricist. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally, I think Awake is still better than Faceless, but Faceless is still an excellent piece of work. The best songs are Straight Out Of Line, Changes, Make Me Believe, I Stand Alone, Re-align, I F***ing Hate You, and I Am is a fairly decent song. Plenty of guitar solos and catchy riffs make this an amazing rock record. If it were lost or stolen, I'd get another copy. Worth every dime, it is. // 10

Faceless Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 24, 2004

Sound: Ok, I think this is a great cd. It's got some great guitar parts and some bad ones like every album. I like tony with his Wah's throughout different songs. There's great solos in there. These days, only the daring guitarist's go for the solos, I respect rombola for that. And I once again like the style of this album. // 10

Lyrics: I think the lyrics are good, typical Sully Erna lyrics. I think the lyrics go great w/rombola's guitar parts. And Erna's lyrics have attitude to them and some of them you can relate to. Another good job! Except I didn't care much for their interlude type thing. // 8

Overall Impression: I really liked the album when I got it and I still do! If you don't have it I highly recommend buying this if you like rock. It's got great drum parts, guitar parts, lyrics. What more could you want? If someone stole my copy or I lost it, I'd definitely go buy another. // 10

Faceless Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on february 17, 2006

Sound: Well, Godsmack is a good band on the whole. They have a few killer tracks which are awesome but then towards the end it ain't great. The band's beliefs are pretty weird. They beleive in somekind of tribe which deals with life after death etc. But apart from that they are a pretty good band. This album, is their best till today. Faceless, has all their great tracks including Straight Out Of Line, I Stand Alone, Re-Align, and Serenity. The sound of the album is brilliant. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are all Sully Erna's, Godsmack is all Sully Erna. The lyrics are awesome in tracks like Serenity, I Stand Alone, and Straight Out Of Line. But, for the rest of the tracks, the lyrics are quite monotonous. Sully has a brilliant voice and it goes fluently with the music in the background. // 8

Overall Impression: Well, as I said this is their best album. The best tracks I have already mentioned. I stand alone is the best track. The only possible criticism I can find against this album, and all Godsmack albums is that there are no solos. If they could produce some solos, Godsmack can be great. Apart from that this is a good heavy, Godsmack album. // 9

Faceless Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 17, 2003

Sound: The sound on this album is amazing! the heavy guitar riffs are mixed perfect with the bass, the drums, and the vocals. The album is mixed in a very good way although the bass is almost not heard becouse the very heavy guitar riffs and the loud vocals. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are not so "special" but the lyricy are fit perfect to the music and the singer's voice. I can't think about anyone else but this singer to sing those lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: It's one of the best heavy metal albums I ever heard!! (and I heard a lot!) It's better than their last two albums and it's kinda remind me the sound of "disturbed". The thing I was surprised the most about the album is the solos! You don't expect from a band like godsmack to have so many guitar solos in almost every song, but it was a very good surprise. If it were stolen I would definitly buy this one again becouse I listen to it every day since I got it. There's somthing about this album that makes me feel relaxed. If you are a heavy metal fan so you should buy this album, you wont regret it and you will see the money was well spend!!! // 10

Faceless Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2003

Sound: Godsmack is one of the most brilliant and talented group of individuals you will find. Each member pushes their own limits throughout their CDs, but I believe in this one, they go even further. With the incredible, deep, emotional voice of Sully, the bands frontman, the masterfull solos of Tony, the bands guitarist, the gripping, quick, low play of Tommy, the band's bassist, and the extreme power of the band's newest addition Shannon, at drums, this CD is beyond control. If you can relate to these artists you'll be completely taken away. // 10

Lyrics: Sully Erna sings with a very aggressive, emotional, won't take no sh*t attitude that you can't help but love as it fits in perfectly with the sound. The lyrics on Serenity are probably the most emotional and produce a truly incredible song that you love to sing over and over again in your head. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is incredile. With the power and aggression of songs like Straight Out of Line, I Stand Alone, and I F*cking Hate You to the softer and more emotional approach of songs such as Serenity this CD is a complete masterpiece, along with the first two. Bottom line... Godsmack is a band of incredible proportions and they are here to stay! // 10

More Godsmack reviews rating latest review
+ The Oracle 7.5 05/04/2010