Godsmack Review

8.4
 9.3
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Godsmack Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 27, 2004

Sound: This is by far one of the most hard hitting hard rock/metal albums I've ever heard in my life. Almost every song just smacks you in the face 200 times (pardon the reference to Keep Away) with detuned madness, great drum work and powerful vocals. If you like aggressive powerful music this is THE album you must listen to. // 10

Lyrics: Unfortunately, the lyrics are a little on the corny side on some of the songs but that shouldnt stop you from giving this album a listen. But I wouldn't get it for its lyrical content. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall a great first album from a band whose always been a great representative for hard rock over the years. For anyone who plays guitar or like hard rock at all this is the album for you. If lyrics are all that matter to you (which I hope not) then look elsewhere. This was a terricfic album to listen to from song to song. // 10

Godsmack Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 03, 2003

Sound: The music is overall pretty good. Some of the guitar riffs could have been better-written. Sometimes, though, it sounds like the guitars were recorded like 10 or 20 years ago. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good, too. Sometimes the vocals are kind of annoying, though, and honestly, I don't quite think some of the lyrics went too well with some of the music. // 8

Overall Impression: This isn't my favorite Godsmack record. It's very good, but I like Awake and Faceless a lot better. My favorite songs are Moon Baby, Keep Away, Bad Religion, Immune, and Voodoo. I'd go out and buy it again if it were lost or stolen. Although some songs could have been better done, this is an overall great album. // 8

More Godsmack reviews rating latest review
+ 1000hp 5.4 08/07/2014