Open Your Eyes Review

6.7
 9.4
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Open Your Eyes Reviewed by: canucksrule, on march 05, 2004

Sound: The sound was fairly good on this album, however it was mainly just mainstream pop punk. There were some songs...track # 7 ("Liar")...that I never listen to because it sounds like a Backstreet Boys song. However, that being said, I enjoyed the rhythms and leads on most of the songs. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics weren't overly great, but they weren't terrible either. The lead singer has a voice just like that of Good Charlotte's lead singer, which can be annoying at times. Some of the songs, like It's Your Life, had good messages behind them. // 6

Overall Impression: This album seemed to me a lot like Good Charlottes "The Young and the Hopeless", although I liked this one a lot better. Songs that I liked from the album were Spokesman, Decision, January, It's Your Life, Radio, and the 13th track (though I also forgot it's name). It has a funny bonus track about prank phone calls, and...wow...much like Blink 182, it has a bonus track about fucking something. In this case, Wayne Gretzky...a ha ha ha...(sarcastic). It was somewhat worth buying for the good songs, but the terrible songs balanced it out to make it somewhat average. I probably wouldn't buy it again if it was lost. // 6

More Goldfinger reviews rating latest review
+ Hello Destiny 8.6 08/02/2008