Twilight Of The Idols (In Conspiricy With Satan) Review

artist: gorgoroth date: 01/12/2009 category: compact discs
gorgoroth: Twilight Of The Idols (In Conspiricy With Satan)
Released: Aug 12, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Death Metal/Black Metal, Scandinavian Metal
With Twilight of the Idols, they stick to the sort of nihilistic, unpretentious yet still musically daring black metal that is their strong point.
 8.2
 8.4
 7.9
Twilight Of The Idols (In Conspiricy With Satan) Reviewed by: pyro_the_bear, on october 22, 2004

Sound: I'm sorry to say that most of this album leave Gorgoroth with the rest of the extreme scandinavian black metal scene. Don't get me wrong, there are alot of ups in this one but the majority of Twilight Of The Idol's sounds alot like the usual overkill being released by Nuclear Blast Records year after year. As far as musical skill goes, this album is better than most, the guitar and bass are very punchy whilst the drums are sadisticly beaten by king with great accuracy. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are the biggest problem this album has, Ghaal seems to be in an identity crisis "am I still with the extreme black metal crowd are have gorgoroth matured over the years?" Well he can't tell so the vocals sound very touched up but still not listenable enough to land them in the same range as say satyricon or red harvest. The problem is this album won't appeal to anyone except people who have previously heard their earlier releases. In short, the vocals are to well done to be underground but not refined enough to quolify as something fresh in this declining metal world. // 6

Overall Impression: I don't realy recomend this, it's not worth the 14. 00 I spent on it for 8 seemingly endless tracks. Unless you realy are a fan of norweigan necro black metal or just a Gorgoroth fan as a matter of fact you probably wont like this. I feal I've been over critical with this, you may like some songs (Exit Through Carven stone being my favourite from the album) for their good guitar work. I'm not going to say I don't recommend it, it's just not most peoples cup of tea, if you think you can hack it however I'd advise you to download one or two tracks first so you know what you're in for. // 6

Twilight Of The Idols (In Conspiricy With Satan) Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 12, 2009

Sound: The album that comes from the best black metal band ever! Infernus' signature sound better than ever, furious guitar attack, raging drums, stomach churning vocals, and total dakness, songs like "Procreating Satan" and "Blod Og Minne" being one of the best since 1997's "Krig".If there was a voting for the best black metal albums,"Twilight of The Idols-In Conspiracy With Satan"would definitely be one of those.For me Gorgoroth has stayed true to their roots, without selling out. // 10

Lyrics: "Lyrics" are firmly in place over the whole cd.Norwegian language truly fits black f--king metal.Gaahl blows away any other black metal vocalists with his angry, deathlike rasp.One of the best vocalists of the genre. "Underneath the sun I watch the moon rise... " // 10

Overall Impression: Like most of the Gorgoroth "Lyrics", they are gruesome and philosophic and great.The albums proudly stands out among the others, and it can only be compared to mighty ones like Immortal's "Sons Of Northern Darkness", or Mayhem's "Chimera".The album is one head to toe great and makes it impossible to change songs. This Is The Black Stinking Metal.Those of you who didn't try it, you've lost a lot. // 10

More Gorgoroth reviews rating latest review
+ Pentagram 6.9 09/01/2011