Hisingen Blues Review

Genre: Psychedelic Rock, Stoner Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Hisingen Blues Reviewed by: iommi600, on december 20, 2011

Sound: April 19, 2011, saw the release of Graveyard's second album, "Hisingen Blues". Well, I think we can all agree this was one of the best releases of this year (if not the best), and one of the best albums to be released since 2000. In this one, the blues roots of the band appeared more than in the first record, "Graveyard", from 2007, and made a nice mix with psychedelia. This is notable on tracks like "The Siren", "Uncomfortably Numb" and in the bonus track, "Cooking Brew" (personally my favorite song here). If no one tells you this was released in 2011, you sure thing will tell this album was made in 1973 or something like that. Sounds just great. A great shot of blues, psychedelic rock, hard rock would define this album at first, but only if you hear it, you will know what I mean. A lot of bands brings the 70's sound back today, but in my opinion, no one does it like Graveyard. Sure thing this will be regarded in the future as one of the best releases of the decade. Already a classic. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are kinda interesting, and really got some great lines. Like on the opening track, "Ain't Fit To Live Here" ("People ask me what is wrong/I don't see what's right"), and most of them are surreal ("The Siren" or the title-track). Nilsson's vocals are really amazing, and he can sing both calmly and powerfully, it just depends on what the song asks. It really amazes, if you see how he can play his guitar very well and sing that great (a thing that we can see a lot on 70's hard rock bands, too). // 10

Overall Impression: Well, I can't really see a mistake on this album, and probably anyone who likes blues and hard rock can't see it too. I really think the whole album is above average, but I would point "The Siren", "Buying Truth" and the bonus track "Cooking Brew" as the most amazing songs here. It's a must have for any blues or hard rock fan, just that. Like I've said before, this will probably be regarded as one of the best releases of the decade. It's just a catchy, amazing mix of the genres I've mentioned before. If someone steal this from me, I'll hunt the little robber even on hell. // 10

More Graveyard reviews rating latest review
+ Lights Out 8.6 11/07/2012