Bullet In The Bible Review

green day: Bullet In The Bible
Release Date: Nov 15, 2005
Label: Reprise
Genres: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
This CD provides an hourlong distillation of the show.
 Lyrics: 7.7
 8.6
 8.4
 8.8
Bullet In The Bible Reviewed by: RockstarAdam, on november 12, 2012

Sound: Green Day usually has terrific sound and extremely catchy music, and "Bullet In The Bible" did not disappoint at all. This album exceeds what I expected in so many ways. They played many of their best songs. I only wish that it could have been longer or they had dropped out a few of their songs and replaced them with some others including (for example) "Homecoming", "She's A Rebel", or "Church On Sunday". Other than that, nothing spoiled this album in becoming one of their greatest (and one of my favorites). // 8

Lyrics: Most of their songs have a deeper meaning and it is kind of fun of sit there and play each song and try to understand the lyrics, and then play it again and search for the deeper meanings. Green Day have their roots deep in Punk Rock and this means that their music kept me (and any other self-respecting Green Day fan) entertained throughout the entire album. Armstrong has a very unique voice and style of singing and this is one of the main features that sets Green Day apart from any other bands; no one sounds like Billie. // 9

Overall Impression: When compared with all other albums out nowadays, "Bullet In The Bible" stands up there with the best of them. I love how they have included most of their excellent songs from their arsenal but I wish they had included some others. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy it again or hunt the guy down, and turn him into Brain Stew and take it back. // 8

Bullet In The Bible Reviewed by: Snarl Rox, on november 12, 2012

Sound: Green Day's album Bullet In The Bible is very loud and good music to blast out your stereo at parties. This CD is really good for teens. When I first brought this album I couldn't stop playing it for months. Green Day is my favourite band and this live mix of theirs is now the most thing that gets played in my house. // 9

Lyrics: The some of the lyrics like Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Good Riddance, Minority and Brain Stew have very good lyrics and written about their l point of view on life. Most of their tracks have coarse language and aren't suitable for little kids. Overall the lyrics are really good and easy listening. // 7

Overall Impression: Bullet in the Bible is definately one of their best albums and personally if your tossing up between buying this or something else buy this it's an excellent buy. My favourite songs on this album are Longview, Good Riddance, Minority and Basket Case. This album is great if you have it definately don't sell it and if you don't have it buy it. // 10

Bullet In The Bible Reviewed by: untitled039, on november 12, 2012

Sound: This is Green Day's first album and the only album to feature their founding drummer John Kiftmeyer (A.K.A Al Sobrante).This album was released not long after they had changed their name from Sweet Children to Green Day. As Green Day probably didn't have a huge budget to record this album, the sound quality isn't as great as their albums from Dookie onwards, but the quality of the songs make up for it. This album is one of the very few Green Day albums that Billie Joe really shows his real guitar-playing ability. The overall style of his guitar playing is a lot different from how he plays now. Overall despite the lack of sound quality, I would always choose to listen to this over American Idiot. The bass isn't bad on this either, with some pretty interesting bass lines, fills and riffs thrown in by Mike. Although John's drumming skills are pretty good, the drumming patterns are much the same throughout the whole album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good on this album, but they aren't as good as lyrics on more recent albums like American Idiot and Warning etc. Most of the songs are about girls (or a particular girl), drugs and growing up (but mainly girls). The singing seems pretty up to scratch and the backing vocals sound OK as well. You can obviously tell that they were a lot younger when they recorded this than they are now. If you haven't been listening to Green Day for long, you wouldn't recognise his voice if you listen to mainly newer stuff. // 7

Overall Impression: This is probably one of my favourite Green Day albums, I much prefer it to American Idiot. The best tracks are 'At The Library', 'Disappearing Boy', '1000 Hours' and 'Only Of You'. I love the guitar playing on this album, the solos are great and the way he plays a lot of open strings over power chords create a great and unique sound. The one thing I don't like about this is the sound quality and the lack of volume when you play the CD. Apart from that, great album. // 9

More Green Day reviews rating latest review