Kill The DJ [Single] Review

green day: Kill The DJ [Single]
Released: Aug 14, 2012
Genre: Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Power Pop
Label: Reprise
This is one of Green Day's most mature sounding songs musically.
 Lyrics: 7.7
 7.1
 7.8
 6.3
Kill The DJ [Single] Reviewed by: KingOfDaStrings, on november 12, 2012

Sound: This is one of Green Day's most mature sounding songs musically. The guitar is more lead than rhythm on this song. The drums, bass, and guitar work perfectly together. Very catchy, addictive riff. // 10

Lyrics: If I could use one word to describe the lyrics on this song, I would pick "WOW". The lyrics are grittier than they have ever been, the language used by Billie is rather... Colorful. And one last thing. VIOLENCE. Very graphic violence. One reference to Christians that some may find disturbing. The song earned it's Parental Advisory very well. // 10

Overall Impression: Very good. The album, "¡Uno!", comes out on September 25th. (My birthday!) Head over to GreenDay.com for more news on the new albums! // 10

Kill The DJ [Single] Reviewed by: crazyflamey, on november 12, 2012

Sound: Since this is a single and not a full album, I will try to keep things short. Unlike "Oh Love", I liked this song immediately. It has some fun guitars in it, which at some points reminded me of The Clash. The tempo of the song is nice and steady and seems to be perfect for the style they're trying to use. // 7

Lyrics: The song has some catchy lyrics and the vocal work is overall good. Though this isn't close to the best lyrics around. It seems to do it's job and it has it's highlights. // 7

Overall Impression: "Kill The DJ" is definitely better then the earlier released "Oh Love". It's a fun song with some catchy lyrics and some decent guitarwork. But if you're exclusively a fan of the old Green Day, you're probably not gonna like this song as much. I think this song is a solid seven. Not bad, but not the best either. // 7

Kill The DJ [Single] Reviewed by: vidorando, on november 12, 2012

Sound: Biggest Green Day fan speaking, and I must say I am a little confused. One side of me loves the sound of guitars, but the stronger one tells me This is Green Day, the guitars should be distorted! I seriously don't know if that kind of a genre leap is good for their next work. I seriously think "American Idiot" is the greatest album ever made, and thinking about that makes me feel sad, because I know I wont be able to hear anything that's quite fantastic, if they proceed in that way. // 7

Lyrics: I love the idea of slaying every DJ in the world, and I love how Billie expressed himself in amusing way. But I had issues before with repetition of their chorus to many times. Its not cool to say "Someone kill the DJ 6, shoot the fu**ing DJ" 6 times in chorus. And that's the whole chorus. I don't get that, so I am giving it a 6. // 6

Overall Impression: I am impressed with idea of finding the new rock sound that will be in our memories for centuries, but I don't see that starting with the "Kill The DJ". So, is it catchy? Yes. Does it match the modern standards? Yes, considering todays music is "Dookie". But, does it ever make you feel like you re part of the story, or that you just wanna take your shirt off and dance? Well, it really doesn't! // 6

More Green Day reviews rating latest review