Oh Love [Single] Review

green day: Oh Love [Single]
Released: Jul 16, 2012
Genre: Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Power Pop, Alternative Rock
Label: Reprise
"Oh Love" is the first song released from Green Day's highly anticipated new trilogy of albums: "¡Uno!", "¡Dos!" and "¡Tre!"
 8.3
 7.6
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Oh Love [Single] Reviewed by: StackedTuna, on november 12, 2012

Sound: "Oh Love" is the first song released from Green Day's highly anticipated new trilogy of albums: "Uno!", "Dos!" and "Tre!" My first impression of the song was that it was good but fairly repetitive, however on my second listen I definitely grew to it more due to the hooks of the verse and the extremely catchy chorus which is quite a new sound for Green Day. Billie said that "we were thinking about making a killer power-pop record dirtier, back to basics" and this really shines through in "Oh Love". // 8

Lyrics: The song starts with just Billie and a crunchy guitar, before an organ slowly enters and Mike and Tre join the song and the chorus breaks through. The melody that's put with the lyrics "Far away, far away, waste away tonight" gives me a feel that it would fit as a b-side on "American Idiot". After another round of the pumping verse and the addictive chorus, a well needed guitar solo bursts through. I personally love this solo, and it gives a great feel to the song. "Oh Love" is the final track on "Uno!" and I think this solo will end the album perfectly in true Green Day fashion. After the solo, it returns to the introduction. By the time it comes round to the final chorus you will most definitely be singing along. // 9

Overall Impression: Billie said that "with the first album you're getting in the mood to party. On the second one, you're at the party. And the third album you're cleaning up the mess." I can definitely relate to what Billie has said, because "Oh Love" is a song that starts off fairly dull but it really builds up, and with it being the last song on the album, it sets up "Dos!" perfectly to release its high party energy. Please check out www.shavedtuna.wordpress.com for more music reviews! // 8

More Green Day reviews rating latest review