The Spaghetti Incident? Review

artist: guns n roses date: 06/13/2007 category: compact discs
guns n roses: The Spaghetti Incident?
Released: Nov 23, 1993
Genre: Rock
Styles: Album Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
As punk albums go, The Spaghetti Incident? lacks righteous anger and rage. As Guns N' Roses albums go, it's a complete delight, returning to the ferocious, hard-rocking days of Appetite for Destruction.
 Lyrics: 8.3
 8.2
 8.9
 7.4
The Spaghetti Incident? Reviewed by: P.B., on february 28, 2005

Sound: This album was a 'left over' from the "Use You Illusions" albums. I guess they would play these covers as a warm up to the recording sessions, and at the end of the tour they decided to record thier covers. The songs them selves do not sound like 'forced' and 'tired' covers, they definatly have a feeling of typical GN'R flair. The overall album has a blues feel, well other than the skreeching guitars! // 10

Lyrics: Once again Duff and Axl shared the singing duties. They sounded great. Regarding the lyrics, these are covers that they are playing so you can't expect ground breaking lyrics, I mean how do you change 'Hair Of The Dog?' // 8

Overall Impression: "Do your self a favor and find the originals" - GN'R. They printed this on the inside of the Jacket. What I love about this album is that really none of these songs were ever 'major classics', unlike thier prevous covers where they covered 'Live And Let Die' and 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door'. Don't get me wronge the originals of these songs were good but none of them were long time chart toppers. It takes a while to get used to this album truely. But it grows on you more every time you listen to it. // 10

The Spaghetti Incident? Reviewed by: the_guitar_god_, on april 04, 2006

Sound: This is the most underated gnr album ever, the spaghetti incident? is a collection of covers put together by the gunners and was there last record. The songs are awesome. Slash is guitar sounds absoloutly amazing Matt's drumming, Duff's bass, Gilby's guitar and Axl's vocals pure quality. This isn't the most polished record but it's awesome for pure agression and rage the songs sound perfect. Since I don't have you isn't the greatest song to have as an opener to have though but you can't fault the music or singing. My favourite song of the record has to be either Ain't It Fun or Down On The Farm as an in your face bad ass punk get back to old GN'R ways record this rules. Go buy it. // 10

Lyrics: The singing is top notch Axl and Duff do the job very well axl hits all the notes and basically kicks ass. The lyrics however are a different matter some are really lame but then again GN'R didn't write any of these so you can forgive them for that. // 9

Overall Impression: The album is great for people that wanna hear a great punk rock record for those craving GN'R I'd say this should be the last album by them to buy Appetite remains there best so for pure rock get that for some in your face covers buy this it rocks. // 10

The Spaghetti Incident? Reviewed by: AdamDK, on december 26, 2006

Sound: The Spaghetti Incident is quite underrated in terms of how it is ranked against other Guns N' Roses albums. The sound of this album has a broad range because of soem of the covers. It is an example of how versatile Axl voice is for singing in different styles. One thing that stands out for me on this album is Slash's tone. His tone fits the style of these covers perfectly, and combinded with Axl's voice, it is a good match. // 10

Lyrics: Not much can be said about these songs lyrics as they are covers, but one thing is for sure, Axl's voice fits well with the majority of the songs. Duff McKagen also sings on this album which is quite a pleasant suprise, and his voice seems to fit well with the lyrics in terms of how his voice projects the lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: The album is an example of how GN'R can take a song, and "re-vamp" it into something extrordinary. These coverd are different to covers on the Use Your Illusions albums becuase these aren't major songs that were big hits, yet GN'R come along and are able to make these into big hits. This is definately a good addition to a GN'R fans collection. // 9

The Spaghetti Incident? Reviewed by: Silas Thompson, on june 13, 2007

Sound: More of a punk album than anything else. It has a large variety of sloppy guitar riffs. This sounds nothing like use your illusion or Appetite. Most of the songs start with a hit hat and then go into a fast guitar riff that leads to a verse. Axl also screams more in this album. Duff Mackagan (might have spelled wrong) the bassist plays on a track called Attitude. It is a song that was composed by the misfits and then covered by Guns. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are more swearing and screaming than any other guns album. To be serious songs like Buick Makaine, and I don't care about you have little or no meaning. I don't care about you is a song where Axl says some shit and then the chorus goes "I don't care about you." It doesn't even rhyme. The lyrics though fit this harder style of music they're playing. // 8

Overall Impression: It is better than the concert footage I've seen of Guns N' Roses upcoming Chinese Democracy song/album. It though is the worst of the old guns. It is more of a punk album. If you like punk good, but I like how they play in Appetite and Use your Illusion. It sounds better. If I lost it I wouldn't by it again. It just isn't that good overall. It has a few good songs like Attitude, Buick Makaine (ok), New Rose, and Ain't It Fun which is probably the best of all // 6

More Guns N Roses reviews rating latest review