Scumdogs Of The Universe Review

gwar: Scumdogs Of The Universe
Release Date: 1990
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Comedy Rock
With Scumdogs of the Universe, Gwar gave its followers exactly what they wanted: brutally aggressive guitars, abrasive vocals and gross, perverted lyrics.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Scumdogs Of The Universe Reviewed by: rockandroller25, on june 05, 2007

Sound: The sound is incredible. Chunky guitar riffs, deep bass, low tone drums, I tell you, this is an awesome CD. Some of the songs are hard to play if you were willing to, but just listening to it is good enough. It's no wonder why this was GWAR's best-selling CD, it's just amazing. // 9

Lyrics: The singing is a kind of gutted vocal, but not screaming. The lyrics are raunchy, and sometimes non-understandable. The lyrics don't just go in random directions, but has a storyline to each song. For example, Sick of You is about when you just can't stand somebody and what you think about that person (some of the lyrics go, "It's just your luck, you really suck, that's all, I'm sick of you"). // 8

Overall Impression: This is a good CD, not the best, but good. In comparison to my other favorite artists, I'd say GWAR is the best heavy metal band I've ever heard. One of the most impressive songs from the album is Sick of You. It's one of the easiest to play, but has a great feel. In my opinion, one of the greatest things aout this CD is the first time the manager, Sleazy P. Martini (stage name) make his first singing appearance (Slaughterama). There's only one thing a don't like about this CD, and it's the raunchy vocals. Dave Brockie's a good guy, but the vocals are just not right. There are teenage, not to mention pre-teen fans out there (like me) that are being exposed to this that give them a bad influence (unlike me). The only clean song on the album is Sick of You. If it were stolen, I wouldn't buy it again, prior to having every song on my iPod. And even then, I doubt it would get stolen, because nobody I know likes GWAR. // 9

More Gwar reviews rating latest review
+ Battle Maximus 6.5 09/30/2013