The Inevitability Of A Strange World Review

halifax: The Inevitability Of A Strange World
Release Date: May 23, 2006
Label: Drive-Thru
Genres: Punk-Pop, Emo, Punk Revival
Taking a forceful step forward from their A Writer's Reference EP, Halifax have noticeably upped the aggression factor on The Inevitability of a Strange World.
 8.7
 9.2
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
The Inevitability Of A Strange World Reviewed by: DrNick64, on june 20, 2006

Sound: Halifax's sound is somewhat of an '80s rock mixed with a more modern twist. They produce very good guitar work along with the drums. Their lyrics are poppy and strong. One of the only modern bands to break out of the "emo" scene and play rock music. The best songs on the album are Nightmare, Under Fire, I Told You So and (the Motley Crue-esque) Our Revolution. Their overall sound has changed much since their EP A Writer's Reference, For The Good. // 9

Lyrics: Their lyrics are catchy and rythmic leaving you singing them in your head days later. From breakups to party time and all in between they produce good lyrics that fit the music nicely. The singer's voice quality adds to the fitting of the music and makes a nice touch in his range throughout the album. // 8

Overall Impression: Basically the best songs are Nightmare, Our Revolution, Anthem For Tonight and I Told You So. To Be honest it took a couple listens to get past the first five songs because the CD seems to lose something but as I kept listening it was definately a good buy and a good cd from Start To Finish. If it were stolen or lost or blown to bits I would definately buy it again. // 9

Comments