No Sacrifice, No Victory Review

hammerfall: No Sacrifice, No Victory
Released: Feb 20, 2009
Genre: Power Metal, Heavy Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast
No Sacrifice, No Victory is the seventh studio album by HammerFall and will be released February 20, 2009.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 8.7
 9.2
No Sacrifice, No Victory Reviewed by: maximumrocker, on february 20, 2009

Sound: Hammerfall to me has been on of my favorite power metal band since I found out about them way back in 2001. I currently now own again all there albums. With their new release of No Sacrifice, No Victory that is coming out tomorrow. The sound of this albums is perfect no clipping etc. Just like all the other Hammerfall albums the producer of this album was godly again. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics of Hammerfall are always about war, victory, honor, etc. Yes there amazing in a band of itself but I always found these lyrics cheesy but for the first song off the album Any Means Necessary You'll start to sing with it cause that chorus is just amazing. Joacim Cans is still amazing at sings, his voice is just beautiful for this band. But over all the lyrics of the songs go with the way the music is build. // 7

Overall Impression: 01.Any Means Necessary: first song off the album. First music for the album great chorus. Great track 10/10 02.Life is Now: good song, nothin really to make it special just good song. Shreading solo. 7/10 03.Punish & Enslaved: classic Hammerfall chug during the verus, and ohhh in the chorus are pretty cool, solo is pretty good too 6.5/10 04.Legion: when the first minute comes on ur like WTH haha you'll see when you listen to it's pretty epic. Overall song isnt bad. Sweet solo tho 7/10 05.Between Two Worlds: starts off with organ, acoustic song I like it alot. I was waiting for it to break into the Hammerfall power Metal but it didn't but htat is ok cause the song is great in itself 7/10 06.Hallowed Be My Name: this song I liked at lot the really nice slow head banging riff too it. Plus it has gun shots in it so that was a suprise to me. One of my favorite on the album 8.5/10 07.Something For The Ages: intrusmental that is just godly probably my favorite track off the album amazing go listen to it now 10/10 08.No Sacrifice, No Victory: title track of the album the songs is pretty good. One of the better ones on the album 8/10 09.One Of A Kind: Mr. Cans is hittin like the bricks to the balls notes on this song really high ones in some parts of the chorus Tho the middle of the song is damn good. Other than that it was alright 7/10 My Sharona - Cover my the Knacks Hellz yea it's awesome 8/10 Pontus Norgren did a great just for taking Oscars place for lead guitar after Oscar left great album better than the last album Threshold. // 8

No Sacrifice, No Victory Reviewed by: power_gamer_6, on may 05, 2009

Sound: HammerFall returns again with their unmistakable brand of power metal, rising up from the sea of melodic death metal bands Sweden is known for. This album's sound is not unlike many of the previous albums, although heavier. This is the first album in which HammerFall tunes their guitars down a full step down as opposed to the usual half-step they've been using on previous albums. The only downfall to the sound is that it gets rather generic at times, but HammerFall seems to work it rather well, so that while it may be generic, it's never truly 'boring.' Particularly with the addition of the instrumental track "Something For The Ages". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album differ only slightly from their previous works in that they seem to be darker than usual, what with "Punish and Enslave" and the opening to the track "Legion". Aside from that, they're your typical high-fantasy-based power metal lyrics, except for "Life is Now" in which he seems to be singing about his life. That brings me to the singing on this album, which is great as usual. HammerFall used a lot of backing vocals on this album, a lot more than I felt is typical for them, especially on the opening track "By Any Means Necessary". Typical stuff, but they could stand to change it up a bit. // 8

Overall Impression: This album fares pretty well up there with some of the better power metal bands. Some of the songs that really stood out to me were the opening track "By Any Means Necessary", "Between Two Worlds" as the album's power ballad, "Hallowed Be My Name", the guitar-driven instrumental "Something For The Ages" and the cover song as last track of the album (which I won't spoil). The rest of the album is really good, too, but these were just the songs that stood out to me the most. I love that they tuned their guitars all the way down to D as it adds a heavier sound and an almost darker 'edge' to the music. I don't hate very much about it, but like I said previously; they could stand to change up their sound just a bit. If the album was stolen or lost I'd definitely run out and buy it again. For sure. // 10

More Hammerfall reviews rating latest review
+ Infected 8.3 07/01/2011