One Crimson Night Review

artist: hammerfall date: 08/09/2004 category: compact discs
hammerfall: One Crimson Night
Released: Jan 27, 2004
Genre: Rock
All the classics are here, great performance by one of the best metal bands nowadays.
 8.6
 8.7
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
One Crimson Night Reviewed by: The^Unforgiven, on august 09, 2004

Sound: The sound on this Hamerfall live album is just like It should be on a live album. Just great. On the album Hammerfall plays what I think is the most normal Hammerfall, something like "A little 80's driven Power Metal". Absolutely great. You can really tell (or at least I can, since I'm Finnish) that this live album is recorded in Sweden, not just because Cans speaks swedis through the whole record, but also from the audience's swedish accent. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics sing about the things that Power metal today usually does, about good and evil, and heroes and dragons and war and rebellion, the list goes on forever. This record also proves that Joakim Cans can sing live, too. It's strange though, since ever since the first song, "Riders on the storm" Cans won't sing as high as in studio. // 8

Overall Impression: This is Hammerfall's only live album so far, so it can't be compared to Hammerfall's other albums that good, but as a live album generally it rocks, it's almost as good as Iron Maiden's "A real live dead one". The songs that work best live are in my opinion "Riders On the Storm", "Crimson Thunder", "Hero's Return", "Renegade", and "Hammerfall". I Both love and hate the swedish talking on this album, it's a good thing that Hammerfall decided to be so swedish, but then again listeners outside Scandinavia will be having real troubles of understanding it. If the albu got lost I'd propably get a new one, at least if they were still on discount. (It's a 2cd, I bought it new and it cost 8 eur, about 9 usd). In overall a good choise to buy if you're searching for a live album. Rock on! // 10

More Hammerfall reviews rating latest review
+ Infected 8.3 07/01/2011