The Rise Of Brutality Review

hatebreed: The Rise Of Brutality
Released: Oct 28, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hardcore Punk, Death Metal/Black Metal
Musically, "The Rise Of Brutality" is just as economic. Metal, thrash, and hardcore continue to be maligned by outside forces or the quest for accessibility.
 8.4
 8.8
The Rise Of Brutality Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 22, 2005

Sound: Heavy as hell, absolutely no rest bite the whole way through, thunderous guitars, pounding drums and rolling bass. The songs are fast furious and probably the least subtle I have heard in years. As far as this department goes, all is well! // 8

Lyrics: As far as this department goes not to good! Lyrics are repetative and cliched, constantly revolving round the subjest of finding the truth (whatever the hell that is? ) and the delivery is harsh and with lack of variance making the songs harder to listen to than they should be. The levels of energy are immense but maybe a bit to immense? // 4

Overall Impression: A good albumn but that is about as far as it goes, the songs seem repetitative after a while and apart from a couple of standouts such as 'Live For This' there is little new here. // 6

The Rise Of Brutality Reviewed by: Caboose1125, on january 10, 2008

Sound: Hatebreed is an acquired taste. When I first put in this album, it was brutal. I liked the sound from the beginning. This was the first Hatebreed album I ever got (now I have them all). This album has it all it has songs with more melodic sounds, like "Live for This," and it has the songs that are just pure destruction, like "Doomsayer" or "Voice Of Contention." The overall sound of the album is great. Excellent guitars, bass, and drums. Jasta's voice was perfect for this type of music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of almost all Hatebreed songs are more than what they appear. Yes, you hear what is sounds like, but few people actually listen to the words alone. Songs like "A Lesson Lived Is A Lesson Learned" are meant to be something more than just a song. The song "This is Now" is about moving on in life and not looking back on those bad things in your past. Finally, the song "Another Day, Another Vendetta" brings into light the woes and problems with our world. The lyrics and songs are meant, in my opinion, to help make a change. // 10

Overall Impression: "Rise Of Brutality" is my favorite album from Hatebreed; like I have said, I have all the albums by Hatebreed: Under the Knife, Satisfaction is the Death of Desire, Perseverance, Rise of Brutality, and Supremacy. I have seen them in concert as well. No matter if I see them live or I am listening to my iPod, the songs off of this album are always my favorite. My favorite song off of the album is "Another Day, Another Vendetta." I think that "Rise of Brutality" is one of the greatest albums I have ever gotten. It is my favorite album and has several of my favorite songs on it. There is nothing on this album I don't like, everything works together so well. I would buy this album as many times as I have to if anything ever happens to it. This is an amazing album and I would recommend it to anyone. // 10

More Hatebreed reviews rating latest review
+ The Divinity Of Purpose 7.3 01/30/2013