Letters To The President Review

hawk nelson: Letters To The President
Release Date: Jul 13, 2004
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genres: Alternative CCM, Punk-Pop, Punk Revival
Decent melodies, lyrics do have present a message, and hey they're young so there's a lot of room for improvement.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Letters To The President Reviewed by: aquaknight3, on august 03, 2006

Sound: Letters To The President is Hawk Nelson's debut album. With their hits Take Me and Right Here, they've really hit it big. Their punk-rock music styling, mixed with Christian lyrics, has created such a genre that it attracted teens from all over. Hawk Nelson's style is mostly punk rock, but that doesn't mean that it's all punk rock. From Underneath and 36 Days are both soft-rock songs that keep you listening. And then there is Like A Race CD which really caught me off guard, it's really rockish. // 10

Lyrics: Every song has an underlying message that basically says to follow God. Most punk rockers complain about how hard life is, but Hawk Nelson takes a different approach. Instead of complaining, they teach you to follow God. I find it much easier to read the lyrics instead of just listening to them because that way you're not distracted, and they lyrics are amazing. You CD tell even before you buy them that they're good. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is great. Hawk Nelson has ended up in the hands of not only Christian music listeners, but punk rock listeners, too. Their music is awesome. Buy the album, listen to it, and have your friends listen, too. Trust me, it'll be worth your time and money. // 10

More Hawk Nelson reviews rating latest review