91025 Review

Label: Tribunal
Genres: Rock
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
91025 Reviewed by: IfDaysEnd, on september 21, 2007

Sound: Since I saw no one had reviewed this awesome album, I tought I might take the pleasure to do so. For anybody that doesn't know, 91025 is He is Legend's EP, and differs a lot from their next albums. Their sound is different, as well as Schuylar's voice. Every song has a different melody and theme, as it is well known on He is Legend's work. The sound is definately lighter, but they tend to make twists and turns in every song, from a headbanging breakdown to a loving melody. You can actually notice how every member of the band hadn't developed his skills to the full, but that doesn't matter, every song displays a certain part, breakdown or melody that you will identify to. Having only eight songs, it may look like it's a waste of time, but believe me, don't even think that, because this album is worth a bunch. // 9

Lyrics: Oh yeah you know how Schuylar writes his songs. Metaphors, stories and else. I noticed how they managed to distribute music and ambientation through the lyrics. Schuylar's voice is more melodic in this album, but he also screams and makes his famous growls. IMO Schuylar is one of the best vocalists out there, he may not be studied or anything, but he never fails to amaze me with his vocal range. // 9

Overall Impression: I can't compare this album with their other two, because they're all so different in many aspects. The songs in 91025 lack a little punch (I don't mean every song, just a few), the distortion is lighter and the melodies are touching. But in a strange way, I may like it even more than the others, but that is a very difficult decision, because each album had it's respective sound. I greately suggest that you give this album a listen, every HIL fan should love it. It is a piece of good music that you can put in your car and get a good trip with every song. // 10

More He Is Legend reviews rating latest review