Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 Review

Lyrics: 9.3
 9.8
 9.7
 9.8
Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 27, 2004

Sound: One of my favorite albums of all time.. comes from Helloween my favorite band placed right next to Iron Maiden. This is a Helloween classic, with Helloween i dont like to choose best album, since all are good and special in their own way. This is 'kin amazing album, the guitars are Amazing.. the speed combined with the harmonies is amazing, the bass guitar is fast andd very good and the drums are perfectly put in the mold, also the guitar solos are amazing, I thought Maiden were the best making solos, but this one and Pt 2 changed my mind. Songs like Im Alive, Twilight Of The Gods and Halloween show what Helloween is all about, and the ballad A Tale That Wasnt Right, is amazing too, Helloween for me is the greatest sounding band with better guitar riffs, bass riffs and guitar solos. The only problem here is the weak production, but still doesnt stop it at all for it to get a 5. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very well put, Im Alive is just amazing, and Kiske sings some amazing high notes in this song, unbelievable also A Little Time and A Tale that wasnt right have great lyrics, Future World bring Happy Happy Helloween to the mold, and Halloween is one of the dark lyrics kind of songs.. but amazing anyways, you capture a feeling of a Halloween night, Michael Kiske is amazing, no doubt. // 10

Overall Impression: Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 1 is probably the most influential Power Metal album with Keeper 2, this is an album you cant miss if you like Power Metal. All of the songs are very impressive here, in this album they include my favorite song fomr all time.. Halloween.. it's so good.. 14 minutes of Helloween.. what can be better?.. I just hate the short amount of songs on it, it's definitely worth buying!!! // 10

Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 Reviewed by: Fraserwatt, on august 21, 2007

Sound: If you haven't heard of Helloween, or at least the impact they have had on the metal scene, where have you been the last 20-odd years? With influence heard with everyone from Altaria to Avenged Sevenfold, this is really the album which spawned the entire power metal genre. After mixed reactions to their first album, Walls Of Jerico, Helloween came back with the first of a two part Different to anything around at the time. Riffs, a unique, exciting lead technique, creative song writing all feature heavily in this album. // 10

Lyrics: There is an overall positive theme with the lyrics, which are all written well (extra credit given as English is not, like many great metal bands, the first language of the given vocallist). Lyrics not only fit the music, but we are lucky that Helloween preceed the power metal stereotype of swords, dragons and "mighty warriors" (don't get me wrong, I love Rhapsody, Dragonforce et al, it's just refreshing to hear something different). Michael Kiske's vocals are just amazing and fit the mood of the album well. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't like it when a review has straight 10's for everything, but this album really does have everything. It's catchy, it's got well written songs, clever lyrics, it's even got a well executed intro track. There really is nothing I dislike about this album, except the unnecessary bonus track of the 5min version of Halloween on the expanded version, which I really dislike as it (obviously) misses out so much. // 10

Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 Reviewed by: aenimafist, on january 24, 2008

Sound: First of all this review is for Keeper of the Seven Keys part 1. The album select wont show me what part it is on the submittance page. Helloween is definatelt the old school genre of metal that goes along with those of the same age as Anthrax, Early Metallica, Overkill, etc. The old school sound of power metal, Helloween being the godfathers of the genre, is somewhat settling and consoling. Helloween is the perfect example of that classic sound from the good old days. The trebbly guitars and very reverby drums give the band an arena-ish sound to the music. The guitarists seem quite modest though because they solo but try not to stand out too much during the singing parts. // 9

Lyrics: This is a band where the lyrics definately have symbolism behind the words. If you read these, they would definately be poetic in sound but they fit quite well with the metalish feel. The singing is done well not only because of the accuracy of the notes and words but also because of the originality of the vocals. They seem sort of scattered about the song but still remaining in the melodic boundaries. High singing is something unique like for Helloween and the only bands that might sing high better are King Diamond and Into Eternity. // 9

Overall Impression: This album was already a classic when I purchased it. I bought the special deluxe edition with the bonus songs and the full album. The best part of the album is probaby the intro with the folky-sounding synth sound giving the album a fantastic sound to start on the journey of the Seven Keys. Halloween, the song, is a definate classic for old school metal that goes right in there with A Little Time and the like of bands such as Anthrax or Overkill. Best songs in order are: Halloween, A Little Time, Twilight of the Gods, Future World, then I'm Alive. This misnomered "krautrock" album is a classic for all metalheads to posess. // 10

Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 Reviewed by: rattlehead9724, on may 14, 2010

Sound: This is possibly the greatest album ever! The sound is amazing! The harmony guitars work great together. Kai Hansen is a genius. Michael Kiske is one of the greatst singers you will ever hear! He's kind of a cross between Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden and Geoff Tate of Queensryche (Not a fan of their music, but Tate is a good singer). Ingo Schwitchenburg is one of the greatest drummers ever and he does a great job on this album (R.I.P.) and Markus Grosskopf is a great bassist too! (He's real good on KOTSKP2). The album has a major uplifting feeling to it from start to finish. From the opening operatic track "Initiation" to the final melodic ending of "Follow the Sign" which is preceeded by the epic "Halloween." An amazing album! // 10

Lyrics: Kai is a great songwriter (Especially in "I Want Out" from KOTSKP2) and it's sad to see him not a part of Helloween. After he left, they just went downhill. But, he does a great job, I personally like "I'm Alive," it gives you the uplifting feeling that the album just radiates. "A Tale That Wasn't Right" seems to be a good "break-up" song. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said earlier, this album is possibly the greatest album out there! This album heavily influenced power metal. I love everything about it. From the singing to the instrumentation. If it were stolen or lost, I would get another copy. If it happened frequently, then I would frequently get another copy. It's that good! // 10

More Helloween reviews rating latest review
+ Straight Out Of Hell 9.2 02/07/2013