Straight Out Of Hell Review

helloween: Straight Out Of Hell
Released: Jan 18, 2013
Genre: Power Metal, Speed Metal
Label: Sony
This album is among the best Helloween albums of the past 20 years.
 9.2
 9.7
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Straight Out Of Hell Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on february 07, 2013

Sound: These songs will kick even the laziest listener's a-s. For fans of Helloween's last album "7 Sinners", you will love this album. The new album is heavier than the last. Like the usual Helloween, each album is better than the last. While the feel of the songs are less doom-bound than "7 Sinners", the songs are still amazing, even with a positive feel. If you listened to "I'm Free" off of "7 Sinners", that's what a lot of the songs on this album feel like when you're listening to them. Sascha Grestner also had a very big part in the writing process in this album, making it even more different that the usual Helloween. There's even a song dedicated to Freddie Mercury. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album, aren't as dark as "7 Sinners". However, they still have meaning. Like the songs "Burning Sun", "Years" and "World At War". Years is more about integrity, "World At War" is about, well, war and so on and so forth. The singing skills are high in power. They've been this way since "The Dark Ride" and "Rabbit Don't Come Easy" on songs like "Push" and "Salvation". Andi Deris doesn't disappoint. While there may be old school Helloween fans who enjoy Michael Kiske better than Deris, he is still an incredible singer and the vocals on this album are just awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is among the best Helloween albums of the past 20 years. "Master Of The Rings", "The Dark Ride", etc. The best songs are probably "World At War", "Years", "Burning Sun", "Nabatea", "Waiting For The Thunder", "Wanna Be God", and "Live Now!" I love this album, I don't really hate anything of it. If I had a crazy homeless German guy, steal this album from me, would I go get it? Maybe. But the best thing would be to just buy another one. It's definitely worth whatever currency you use to pay for it. This is a great album, I recommend this album to power metal fans, Helloween fans, lyric interpreters, and so on.

// 10

More Helloween reviews rating latest review
+ Walls Of Jericho 9.5 10/31/2012