Walls Of Jericho Review

helloween: Walls Of Jericho
Released: Dec 1985
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
Label: Noise Records
Helloween's sound on "Walls Of Jericho" can be summed up in one word. Thrash.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Walls Of Jericho Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on october 31, 2012

Sound: Helloween's sound on "Walls Of Jericho" can be summed up in one word. Thrash. Helloween's first album, had a fast paced classic thrash sound like Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc. And had the ripping vocals of Kai Hansen. I'm not saying that I dislike Helloween, but if they would have made more albums like this, they would have more than likely not been in the power metal genre. They would be more in the depths of the thrash genre. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album were very... Hypnotic in a way. They're definitely different than Helloween's other albums but still awesome. Stuff like the lyrics to "Gorgar" were pretty awesome. Gambling man. Very 80s. Hansen's gritty vocals on tracks like "Ride The Sky" made this an incredible album, while also having that solid power metal sound in a chorus like on "Metal Invaders". The lyrics and the the music almost blend perfectly, with Kai's voice at high octaves, makes it even better. Definitely one of my favorite lyrically made albums. // 9

Overall Impression: Albums like this really make me proud to be a metal head. "Walls Of Jericho", "Sinner" by Drowning Pool, "Book Of Shadows" by Zakk Wylde, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!" by Megadeth, "Bonded By Blood" by Exodus. All classic albums. Those are by far my favorites. I love how this album shows ALL of Kai Hansen's musical ability. It's raw talent at it's finest. The most impressive songs on the album are definitely "Ride The Sky", "Gorgar", "Metal Invader", and "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)". If someone ever stole this album from me, (which I wouldn't blame them if they did), then I would definitely spend my time and money to buy it again, and again.

// 9

More Helloween reviews rating latest review
+ Straight Out Of Hell 9.5 02/07/2013