Tits, Arse And Muff Review

7.2
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Tits, Arse And Muff Reviewed by: dr_kilmoff, on june 09, 2004

Sound: Tits, Arse And Muff is the debut album from Oxford, Hartford and Leicester based Helmet And Thomson. Helmet & Thomson were formed in 2003 when the two stars first met at university. They were both housed in the same flat (the notorious Albion Court Halls of Residence.) The band initially began with a few cover versions of their favourite songs, their Joint Influences Include Oasis, The Beatles, Travis and of course, McFly and Busted. The duo soon began performing their own songs including Helmet's rich back catalogue and the pair also began work on their own new material. Thomson's first song of his own was entitled 'The Man With My Name' and he quickly emerged as a equal match to Helmet's song-writing talent. In January 2004 the band started to compile a list of songs for the album and the remaining songs were written. It features 13 original songs, all of top quality. http://www.fpbutler.worldonline.co.uk/ht.htm // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics are very meaningful and often beautifully written. There are some classics on this album such as Mr Keane, Something On My Mind and Ethnic Majority. // 10

Overall Impression: This is just as good as any other album out there. The best songs are: Mr Keane, Something On My Mind, Ethnic Majority, Near You and My Hero. The CD comes with a cool Interactive Multimedia - Helmet and Thomson Intervactive and this is slick. Buy this album if you can, I know it's hard to get hold of a copy. // 10

Comments