Life In Dreaming Review

Released: Feb 22, 2005
Label: Drive-Thru
Genre: Rock
Styles: Emo, Punk-Pop
Life in Dreaming still blends its furious and gentle sides confidently, and has a lot to offer to fans of this particular pop-punk faction.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.6
 9.7
 9.5
Life In Dreaming Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 20, 2005

Sound: Hidden In Plain Veiw have a very original and awsome sound. They put so much effort and passion into their music and it is evident in this album 'Life In Dreaming.' // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are definitely the albums strongest point. Tracks like 'Bleed For You' and 'Garden Statement' perfectly showcase the bands intelligence and the singers singing capabilities. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definitely Hidden in Plain Veiws best album (even though it is their first full length one). The best tracks on the album are 'Bleed For you', 'Garden Statement' and 'Top 5 Addictions.' What impressed me most about this album (and Hidden In Plain Veiw in general) is the intelligence and emotion that's put into every track. If this CD were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again because it is an awesome album and one of the best to come out this year. // 10

Life In Dreaming Reviewed by: TheGimpMaster01, on december 15, 2005

Sound: The sound of this band is amazing. I have never heard anything quite as into the music as they are. They mix palm-muting in very cleverly with the rest of the song. I am thinking specifically of the song called Top Five Addictions. That song is a great song. They don't use pure power chords which is unlike many other bands out there. They throw in suspended chords and all kinds of odd things you haven't heard before. And most of it's done in distortion, which I think is a hard thing to do without making it sounds like shit. The slides and falls are well done as well. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't underpowered, especially when paired with the singer's voice. He has a very good voice for this kind of music. The multi-voiced parts on the songs is in tune and the singer can obviously sing very well. His lyrics are good and it's clear he spent some time on them (the lyrics). // 9

Overall Impression: My impression of this album is that everyone should buy it! It is amazing and it doesn't compare to much other music out there. I suppose it's got a little competition, but on iTunes I've given the whole album 5 stars. I would most definitly go out and buy another copy of the disc if it was lost or stolen, and I suggest that you buy one too! // 10

Comments