Hilary Duff Review

hilary duff: Hilary Duff
Released: Sep 28, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Dance-Pop, Teen Pop, Pop/Rock
That's the greatest charm of Hilary Duff ? it might take itself a little seriously, it might be a little uneven.
 6.2
 5.7
 6.7
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Hilary Duff Reviewed by: RouTe 27 BaSs, on march 04, 2005

Sound: Ok let me confess something. After I saw A Cinderella Story I had this strang urge to buy her CD and after I listened it somehow compares to her first CD. I have to say this one id better than her first. I went to her website and found out that she actually has a band that plays in her tracks so I guess its better that she has more of a rock feel. Now thats shes older I can kind of tell the difference in her voice. There were some riffs in the CD that I liked such as the intro to "I am" was pretty good (for Hilary Duff) so I don't want to give it average. // 8

Lyrics: God! Some of the lyrics were just still "Disney" material like for example: "I am special, I am beautiful etc" that kind of stuff. She can basically talk to any audience but I feel some songs are still for little kids, but I think some of the lyrics are current with her age group. In her song "The Getaway" she talks about how she can't stop thinking about this guy and how she tries to "drive" away. Yes, very typical. I think that her voice is sometimes strained but in the song "Mr. James Dean" when she sings the chorus she sounds like Ashlee Simpson when she sings the chorus of "la-la" and its things like this that makes me wonder why so many teen actors become singers. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall I would listen to this over Ashlee Simpson because I can't stand how ashlee thinks shes rock. The songs I mentioned before are probably good songs. I like how theres so much differnce in this album compared to her first. I just hate how this CD is just like any other teen pop star i. e. Ashlee Simpson, Jesse Mcartney, Aaron Carter, etc. If this was stolen I'd probably not buy it again. I think Hilary Duff is better as an actor and I say her looks are better than this album. // 6

Hilary Duff Reviewed by: starbomb13, on october 18, 2004

Sound: Jeez-here I am with another review of this girl's "music". The sound has more of a pop-rock vibe to it though it's still mostly overshadowed by pop. To be honest her voice doesn't even sound good not to mention that her voice isn't even strong, it just seems like she's straining her voice. the sound of the album isn't really my thing, so there's nothing positive I can say about it. // 4

Lyrics: Well, the lyrics that Hilary obviously did not write are just basic. She sings about stuff that 7 year olds will understand might be because a lot of her fans are that age. None of her lyrics are sex related though, thank god she's the type that a little girl's mother will love. I'd rather take her music than Britney or Lindsey Lohan, but that doesn't mean I like her. The lyrics are vague but they have better meaning than any britney song will have. // 6

Overall Impression: I didn't actually buy the album someone let me listen to it, and I've also heard her first album-and I gotta give props for at least having a better album than the first. Her stuff isn't my type of style I mean, how much respect can you give to someone who doesn't write her lyrics or music? Then again listening to her doesn't make me wanna kill the person beside me or burn the CD. It doesn't offend me at all unlike other well-known skanky pop stars out there. Hey, if little girls like her music that's all right, moms won't be complaining anytime soon. Me personally I'd never buy this album, and I think I'll never want to listen to it again. // 4

More Hilary Duff reviews rating latest review