Veni Vidi Vicious Review

artist: hives date: 01/21/2006 category: compact discs
hives: Veni Vidi Vicious
Release Date: Sep 12, 2000
Label: Burning Heart
Genres: Retro-Rock, Garage Rock Revival, Garage Punk, Punk Revival, Alternative Pop/Rock
The Hives' Veni Vidi Vicious owes its very being to Detroit's punk genesis; they may be decades too late, but the Hives capture the zeal and fury perfectly.
 8.6
 8.3
 8.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Veni Vidi Vicious Reviewed by: YAY_FOR_PIE, on january 21, 2006

Sound: The Hives have their own unique sound that can't be compared to anyone else. The CD is claimed to be punk, but I just think that it's their usual Garage Rock stepped up a notch (as in speed and what not). One thing that would contribute to the punk side of them is that they were signed to Epitah at the time, but I still think that they are garage rock. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't really a strong point in the music. One reason being that you can barely make out anything that they're singing. But if you look at the lyrics they have their strong points, but they also have multiple weak points. Compared to Tyrannosaurus Hives, the lyrics are better, but still not amazing. // 7

Overall Impression: The Hives really outdid theirselves on this CD. Before this one, I bought Tyrannosaurus Hives and was amazed with it. Now I got this one and like it even better then Tyrannosaurus. Since there are so many good ones, I'll say the not so good ones: Find Another Girl, Knock Knock, and Supply and Demand. Otherwise, the CD is all good. Probably the best thing about it is the uniqueness of it all. Like I said before, The Hives can't really compare to any other band out there. If this CD were stolen/lost, I would definately buy it again. I can't live without my Hives. // 9

More Hives reviews rating latest review
+ Lex Hives 7.3 08/03/2012