Swan Songs Review

hollywood undead: Swan Songs
Released: Sep 2, 2008
Genre: Rapcore, Nu-Metal
Label: Octone Records
"Swan Songs" is the debut album by Hollywood Undead. Overall I think this is a good example of a rock rap/rapcore album.
 6.3
 7.7
 4.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Swan Songs Reviewed by: Footzyrama, on may 21, 2012

Sound: Hollywood Undead is a rap rock/rapcore band. There are some good Hip-hop beats used within the album that are place under some. At times, very forceful vocals. However at time I feel the sound gets to over-processed and too much tries to get added in, with very little shifts in dynamics through-out most of the songs. To me certain songs also have too much high-end instrumentation incorporated and not enough bass sounds. // 7

Lyrics: Someone's angry. I think that would be the best way to describe the lyrics within this album. There not a happy bunch of individuals. Some of the lyrics are well worked, however most of the time are about either getting drunk, killing people, sleeping with women or a combination of the both. Some songs tend to stray away from this however, with "Young" being one of them. // 7

Overall Impression: Unfortunately for me the best song on the album is the song that was released "Undead" and as it's also the first song on the album, I find myself just listening to that song far more than the rest. However it does pick up at some points through-out the album, with "Young" also being a very good song. Overall I think this is a good example of a rock rap/rapcore album. // 9

More Hollywood Undead reviews rating latest review