Improper Burial EP Review

artist: Holy Grail date: 11/07/2012 category: compact discs
Holy Grail: Improper Burial EP
Released: 2009. Genre: Heavy Metal . Label: Nuclear Blast Records. Number Of Tracks: 4.Their first EP only contained 4 tracks, two covers, but it was still amazing for an EP.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Improper Burial EP Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 07, 2012

Sound: The world's first look at one of the saviors of this generation's music Holy Grail. Their first EP only contained 4 tracks, two covers, but it was still amazing for an EP. They have this new age metal sound like Wolf, Trivium, etc. Only with no screaming vocals. A cover of "Exciter", a cover of "Fast As A Shark", both incredible, amazing EP. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics to "Fight To Kill", "Exciter", "Fast As A Shark" and "Immortal Man", are awesome. Everyone knows the lyrics to "Exciter" and "Fast As A Shark". However the lyrics to "Immortal Man" and "Fight To Kill" are pretty amazing. The power vocals of James Paul Luna is incredible, especially on the chorus for "Fast As A Shark", and the end of "Exciter". I haven't heard octaves of singing that high since "Ripper Owens On Jugulator". The music and the vocals of these songs, all of the songs, match perfectly. These guys are going to go places in the music industry, no doubt in my mind about that. // 10

Overall Impression: Holy Grail has got to be one of the best metal bands to come out over the past 10-15 years. They've also only released one EP and one album and they're signed to Nuclear Blast. The most impressive songs are probably "Exciter", "Immortal Man", and "Fast As A Shark". I didn't like "Fight To Kill" too much, it's still amazing, however, I listened to these songs first and they just reeled me in. Especially "Exciter" and "Fast As A Shark". If I lost this, hell yea I would buy it again. The problem is finding someone selling it. // 9

More Holy Grail reviews rating latest review