Hoobastank Review

8.7
 8.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Hoobastank Reviewed by: The_Shame, on april 07, 2004

Sound: The Sound on this album is very fine tuned. You can tell that the Hoobastank boys didn't wanna make a cheap first record. Everything related to the sound on this album is picture perfect or there abouts. Its very Raw, all the guitars are respectable to listen to, and not one instrument is clearer then another. Overall a good clean & fresh sound. Dans guitar riffs also are riffs that I haven't really heard or studied but they are basic but still kick ass. Also, can't help thinking that Robb shares a vocal talent with Brandon from Incubus? // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are fresh which is what you would expect for a debut album. Lyrically Robb is a good writer. He manages to get across his point aswell as giving you a awesome melody. His voice is very durable, one moment it maybe trashing out some heavey shouts and screams the next the softest vocals in the world, this is what I like about this Cd. Lyrically, this band reminds me of Incubus & Linkin Park. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this is a debut album, to me it seems Hoobastank threw everything into this album and it payed off. It is a good debut but lacks that killer blow. Their second helping "The Reason" to me is better allround. But don't get me wrong this is a awesome debut Cd. The thing that I love about this Cd is that it is heavey enough for the guys and sweet enough fro the Girls. So everyone can connect with it. Its worth buying even if you havn't heard of them, its a good Cd for your collection. It's amazing how this band is known worldwide yet??? // 8

More Hoobastank reviews rating latest review
+ Fight Or Flight 8.2 12/07/2012